Refusal

His previous belief that this was a horrible plan was all but confirmed the longer that he stayed in that blasted throne room. He could not believe that he had been stupid enough to just wander around with Haldir, without asking where he was going first. It was an oversight on his part, one that he did not intend to make again. Truly, he should have thought this through, but given the fact that it was too late for that now, and there was nothing to be done about it, he just inhaled and exhaled, counting to three on each to try and keep himself steady. 

Not that it worked very well, really whoever thought up those that stupid exercise was clearly an idiot in his opinion. It hardly ever worked and it was more tedious than anything else, but at the very least it gave him something to distract himself on, though clearly not well enough considering he could basically feel the King's presence pressing down upon him. It was not unlike that of Tom Riddle, someone who was worthy of being feared for the safe of fear, and his father, who had all but secured his place as a prominent feared figure in Draco's pathetic life. 

He could not allow this to consume his very being, but really what had Draco been thinking. He felt like an absolute fool. With Legolas' warnings prior to this moment that he should be careful around his father, as the other had taken an obvious interesting in him which really could go well or horribly depending, and what does Draco do? Gets himself stuck in a throne room with an already tense atmosphere between Haldir and the King, and now he was within the King's eyesight at a rather unnerving level for a time that spanned way too long in his own opinion.  

Still, as he was stuck here, Draco resolved himself to moving past his idiotic emotions, and push through them. He was stuck here, he may as well at lest attempt to glean some sort of information. It would be stupid to allow such an opportunity to go to waste, after all, and Draco was a Slytherin, he was not about to loose this chance. That would be stupid. He would likely not get another chance like this, and he was not about to let it slide between his fingers. 

He forced himself to try and focus on King Thranduil and his meeting with Haldir, which, if the raised voices were any indication, it would seem that it was getting heated, well, he supposed about as heated as it would get for elves. The two apparently seemed to be arguing against the fact that MirkWood was refused aid of LothLorien to help hold back these gigantic spider creatures. Draco shuddered. He hated spiders as a general rule, though he was not scared of them like Weasley. Gigantic spiders, though? No thank you. He preferred to stay away from those things. They were creepy enough withough adding to it. 

Still, if Mirkwood was capable of holding their own, why was LothLorien attempting to intervene. It would seem as though the MirkWood King was rather suspicious of the entire affair. Though, it was not as though Draco could blame him. From what he had managed to glean from Legolas, Mirkwood had been fighting their own war for quite some time. They had not asked for help, partially due to Thranduil's prideful nature, and partially due to the fact that the other elves did not exactly look...well...favorably, upon the elves of Mirkwood. Something which Legolas had been quite swift to point out. They respected them, of course, but there was always an undercurrent of something more to it that the Mirkwood elves preferred to just leave alone. 

They did not mind too much, just preferred to do things themselves. If they needed aid, they would ask for it. Else it was intruding. From what Draco had managed to gather from the very little information he was capable of grasping from Legolas, or Haldir, the elves were on good terms at the moment, but...well, there was always worry. 

He understood that, quite well as it were. It was very similar to the situation of Hogwarts between Slytherin and the other houses. They were very tense, though he would hesitate to say they were okay with each other as truthfully they really were not, but in the end they would not go too far when it came down to it...well, on the Slytherin part at least. He could not necessarily say the same thing for the Gryffindors. Then again, Slytherins had a different style to the Gryffindors, which came out obvious in the most simplistic of things. They may be similar, but honestly there were more ways that they different than that they were the same. 

Draco shook his head slightly, forcing himself to refocus on the conversation. Once more, getting lost in his head, in his thoughts. It really was not a good thing, and he needed to stop doing that. It was going to prove problematic at some point. He would prefer not end up prisoner somewhere by some unknown man, or creature, just because he was stupid and let his guard down. 

"We do not need help, not from Lothlorien. If I needed help, I would call for it. Alas, I do not." Thranduil said simply. "The elves of Lothlorien are kind to offer, but the offer is not wanted." 

"I understand, Your Majesty, however," 

"No," Thranduil said, sitting up straighter, staring down at Haldir. "That is enough of this conversation. I have told Lady Galadiral that her offers of help are insulting at best, I do not wish to continue to recieve them and if she insists upon continuing to send them none of her people will be allowed within the realm." 

Draco narrowed his eyes slightly, it would seem as though this was a bit more serious than he had thought. There was great anger, or tenseness at the least, between the Mirkwood elves and the LothLorien elves. How....Interesting the that it would be that Legolas and Haldir were so close.