Haldir and Thranduil

Draco stayed a step behind Haldir, as the Lothlorien elf entered the throne room. He was...unbearably nervous. He was not entirely sure that this was he best idea that he had ever made, and he could only hope that the King would allow him to leave, to dismiss him. At the same time, strangely enough, he also did not want to be dismissed. Something about the King wishing to speak with Haldir had grated upon him, and he was not entirely sure why. Perhaps it was just something to do with business, perhaps not. He was just nervous enough to try and hide it, as they climbed the stairs leading to the throne's platform. 

"Oh, what an interesting surprise." The King said immediately upon laying eyes on Draco, who just swallowed nervously, but otherwise did not say anything, keeping his eyes off of the King's figure, looking anywhere else. "Haldir," The King said, moving his gaze from Draco, allowing the other to breathe momentarily, "I was not expecting that you would be bringing an...addition, with you." Draco felt every breath within him freeze, as all of a sudden it would seem as though air was simply something too complicated for his lungs to bring in. What was wrong with him?

"It was a last minute circumstance, I assure you, Your Majesty." Haldir said simply, his eyes not once wavering in the sight of the King. Draco was impressed, despite himself. Though he knew that it was incredibly likely that Haldir had been forced to have many dealings with the Mirkwood King, given the nature of his position, he was still impressed that he was able to hold eye contact with the Elvin King without flinching or wavering. Draco knew that he would not be able to do the same thing as Haldir, therefore he could only watch in awe as the other communicated with the King.

"Is that so," Thranduil stared at Draco, who, upon gathering his courage went and stared at the king straight in the eyes. Perhaps not the best thing to do given the circumstances, however Draco was not exactly known for being perfect in everything that he did. As blue met blue, Draco watched as the King showed some sense of surprise that he was able, or perhaps more likely willing to engage in a battle of staring, the ultimate clash of wills. It was not one that Draco would win, that he knew, but he could at the very least not back down immediately. 

"Your Majesty," Haldir interrupted their intense battle of wills. Thranduil blinked his eyes a few times rapidly, before turning his gaze upon the Lothlorien elf. He tilted his head just so, allowing him to keep Draco within his sight. 

Draco felt that perhaps there was something more going on here then necessarily what it was that he was seeing at the moment. He was not sure what it was, but he was fairly certain that there was at least some sort of history between Thranduil and Haldir. What sort of history it was, he was uncertain, but one thing was certain and it was that supposedly, there was no reason for Thranduil to call for Haldir, even if he did have a reason, one which was unknown, for now, there was none. Furthermore, it was not often, at least so it would seem, that someone had the ability and the courage to stare down the King as Haldir had. Even Legolas had not had that amount of courage. Although that could also be because of the fact that he had apparently defied directives which he was given. From what Draco had managed to gather Thranduil was not one to take lightly to being disobeyed, and especially not by his own kin. His own son, that was not something that it would seem that he...took very kindly towards. 

"Haldir," Thranduil merely stated, he turned to Draco once more, dismissing Haldir, it would seem, at the very least he was doing so momentarily. Thranduil seemed to consider Draco, who felt an intense desire to suddenly hide behind Haldir. Though, that was utterly ridiculous, and he would most certainly not lower himself to such actions. It was...unbecoming. His father would not be pleased if he knew.

Though...his father would not know. He probably was horribly confused with everything that was going on at the moment. Not that Draco could blame his father, this time. He...could not help but wonder what the other wizard was doing. His father was not one to take lightly to things not going his way, and that most certainly included things that he was not sure about. Draco was not even entirely certain how he got cast into this strange land. He was not one to question it, but nevertheless, he had no idea how it happened. While it did not bother him, it was bound to bother someone like his father. Even more so because he had not been able to finish his...his lessons.

"Why did you follow him, young Draconis?" Thranduil asked curiously. Draco grit his teeth, stiffening at his full name being used. He knew that the other enjoyed the reaction that the usage elicited and that was why he kept using it, but it still grated upon him. He was not used to people using his full name, and he doubted that he would ever truly get used to it. Nor could he say that he was incredibly pleased to have the name continuing to be used, but there was not much that he could do about that either, considering that the King already knew what it was. It was not as though he could go back into time and fix that slight oversight. 

"I had nothing to do, and I was unaware of where he was going until we had already almost come." Draco admitted to the King. It would not do to lie, after all, he had a feeling that Thranduil was similar to the Dark Lord in that regard, the ability to sense lies. Elves were...interesting, and Draco was not entirely sure that he would ever truly understand the expanse of their power. 

"Is that so?" Thranduil asked, seemingly amused. "Well, I suppose it does not hurt to allow you to stay, after all, it would be remiss to have you come all this way only to send you along now." 

Draco would have lashed out if he had not better control of himself and his actions. Remiss? Draco doubted it. More like the other wanted to see him nervous in his presence. He was getting the feeling that this Elven king was slightly sadistic.