curiosity

Legolas watched the youngest of their group. He had been carefully keeping track of the boy with them. The human boy, well, if he truly was human, seemed to be on guard. At all times, but more so now seemingly then before, something which was rather interesting. He kept looking around him as though he had felt some sort of danger. It was not obvious, of course, but Legolas not was a mere human, and he had noticed that the other was rather on guard. It was more so then typical. The boy seemed to be rather on guard quite often, but it was more now then it had been before. It may be because they were passing a relatively open plain and nothing more to it, which was what Legolas was hoping, but he was unsure to the affect. After all, Legolas had noticed that the boy was rather attentive, when it came to the surroundings. He was sort of, unnerved, by the other's attentive wariness. Although, he had to state that any sort of danger that anyone felt, it was definitely something that they should be paying a lot of attention to. He had hoped that nothing was catching the other's attention, at least not in a negative way. Unfortunately he doubted that, even though perhaps the other was just normally tense and nervous. somehow, the thought seemed rather flat in Legolas' mind. Pulling back from the rest of the group, he walked over to where Draco was sitting, alone, isolated from the others. He grabbed his shoulder in a soft, but firm grip as he walked to him.

Draco's entire body tensed under Legolas' hand as he touched him, causing Legolas to raise his brow a bit, sort of confused at the reaction. It was a rather drastic reaction to him. When fearful grey eyes gazed up at him, for mere half second before masking itself into nothing once more, Legolas knew that something was up. Though he did not know what, there was obvious something was wrong. He did not really know what it was, but he wanted to know. The boy swallowed, and forced his body to relax, not quite able to relax his upper body fully. The other took notice of the youngest's response to his simple touch. He wondered idly if it would be like that with all of them if they touched him. Saving the thought for later investigation, he sat down next to him, finally releasing his shoulder watching in the corner of his eye as the boy relaxed somewhat. 

"Your Highness, is there anything I may help you with?" The boy's grey/blue eyes looked up at him. Legolas could not help but start at the sudden formality.  Legolas was still unused the the other's formalities. He had never...said anything other then something painfully formal, and it was quite shocking. Not many bothered with formalities other then the MirkWood Elves so it was not really something that he had managed to be used to when coming to anyone other then his homelands. 

"You do not need to be so formal with me, Draco." Legolas said softly, but truthfully. He had rarely met one who would use such formalities outside of his own people, or formal events. To see someone so young address him in such a formal way, it was slightly unnerving. Not that he disliked it, of course, but it was a bit different than something that he was used to. However, the boy simply smiled flatly, and tilted his head, showing that while he acknowledged the Prince's words, he did not intend to follow them. It also showed that the boy was rigidly polite and proper. Something that intrested him, as not many humans were. The belief that the boy was human was dwindling the longer Legolas spent with him.Perhaps he did not know what exactly the boy was, and he was clearly not an Elf, at least Legolas did not think so, but he was not entirely sure what he was. He could not really tell. Perhaps his father would know, but he had no idea.

Legolas was observant and attentive, however, and there was one other thing that he did notice quite clearly. He did notice how the boy used Your Highness, rather than My Prince. For some, perhaps that would not be something that others believed too big a deal, but Legolas had already known that the boy was not normal, after all. There was something quite different about him. He wondered randomly if the other would ever address him as my prince. The words would be beautiful, undoubtedly, coming from the younger. He was not entirely certain that the boy would, however. It was an admitting of authority, after all. The boy did not seem one to be entirely too keen of releasing his own control to others.

"What has you so tense?" Legolas asked lightly. Draco sighed a small pained smile upon his face, breath barely audible.

"I have a feeling." Draci admitted.

"What sort of feeling?" Legolas asked, pressing for more information. He sensed that Draco was not someone to willingly give information, one would have to drag it from him. Force the knowledge out of him.

"It is nothing." Draco conveyed. Legolas bit his tongue, not satisfied with the answer. He knew that the ohter would not willingly divulge much information, but it still annoyed him. His fingers twitched, wishing to the trees that he was able to discipline the boy. Unfortunately, he was not able to do so. Elvish law. Until the boy admitted Legolas as his superior directly, by either saying My Lord, or my Prince, he was unable to discipline the other. It was a law that all abide by. Hence why Elves were so picky with formalities. And careful with them. Words carefully, and thoughtfully chosen.

"Draco," Legolas adopted a stern tone of voice, in lue of disciplining him. Draco groaned.

"I just get this feeling that we are being waited out. As though someone is watching us. Unseen, but waiting."