Entering Mirkwood

Draco had asked quite a few questions, some obvious questions that he would be needing to know the answers to, some less obvious. All of them were necessary in his mind, however, and upon gaining all of the knowledge which Legolas was willing to impart, sometimes with interruptions from Haldir, Draco felt a bit better going into the Mirkwood than he had originally. After all, this was a new land, within a new land. While Draco was certain that he would be capable of defending himself assuming that there would be some who would attempt to hurt him, he did not particularly enjoy walking into something when he did not know the specifics. He did not really want to accidentally offend someone, and as such it was important for him to know exactly where he was going, and what he was getting into. Besides, it was clear how much joy which Legolas got from speaking about his homelands. 

All in all, the Elvish lands which he was headed to sort of reminded him of Pureblood society a bit. It was something that he was at the very least familiar with, so he was grateful for that. Not that pureblood society, especially the formal balls and meetings, were enjoyable. He, in fact, hated them greatly. All uptight, carefully respectful, and time some major kiss assing from anyone who was lower then you. Still, at least there would be something that he was good at. Draco had always been lauded for his ability to wander around others in circles during the Pureblood conventions. Whatever meetings and boring balls which he was drug to by his father he had always put on an impressive face. He intended to do this again. He was sure that the Elves would definitely be able to see through him, that is, if he was not careful.

The thing that was slightly concerning him was himself. He had gotten over a bulk of what his father had done recently, but there were a few things he was worried about. After all, Elves could see far more than others typically could, and while Draco was incredibly good at deceiving those who attended the royal galas regularly, these were not humans. Sure, wizards were capable of far more than mere muggles, but the point was that Elves, well, Elves were on a high pedistool. He was worried what would happen if he was incapable of keeping his mask firmly in place. The questions which he would be asked. It was something he most certainly not looking forwards to dealing with, hence the facade in the first place. He was just hoping that he was good enough to keep it in place.

Another thing which he could not help but be concerned over was the place which they were going. Draco longed to be within the woods, of course. Legolas' homeland would then theoretically seem like a bloody well paradise. Draco was not, however, deaf. He had heard of the things going on within the mirkwood forest. What if he was stuck inside all day? If the King had desired to tell Draco that he was not allowed to wander around, Draco was sure that he would go insane. He had had enough of being locked in a cage, wings bound and stuck within the endless walls of anger and hatred. he hated being alone, and he hated being with people. The one thing that he most certainly could not stand, however, ws being stuck without being able to do or go anywhere. Legolas had already cautioned him, telling him not to anger his father, and attempt to avoid coming off as confrontational, which...Did he look like a Dwarf? 

That was another thing. Legolas was a Prince, and as a Prince the person which they would be seeing was not a mere person among the Woodland elves. This was the King, the leader of all the woodland realm. He was the undisputed authority. Draco was chilled, wondering whether or not this was really a good idea. He would go for Legolas of course he would. he had already given his word and not only that, but Legolas was his sort of friend. he would not dare allow leave him to traverse the entire section to the Mirkwood alone. Even if he was not really alone, after all, Haldir was with him, but still. Legolas being called home was a big deal. A very big deal, even Draco could clearly see that. Legolas would have never left to be a part of the Company if he thought he would be recalled home. Would his father be incredibly displeased? Of course. Draco shuddered to think what his father would do to him if he had done something without permission, without even informing him, and then did not even think to leave a message to his father. Well, his father would be mad either way, the biggest question Draco would ask himself was whether his father knowing what he was doing before hand would alleviate his anger once he found him, or whether it would simply fester and grow. 

It gave Draco a sort of sick feeling in his stomach. Why would Legolas not tell his father something as important as this? It was not some simple decision to make. Now, with Legolas being essentially ordered back to the Mirkwood, Draco was somewhat worried. He hoped that Legolas' father would not be too angry, but he also felt as though that was practically wishful thinking.

He supposed the only thing that he could do was hope. Wait and hope that that nothing too horrible happened. Hope that Legolas would not be punished too severely. 

It was near dusk when they came to the edge of the Mirkwood. Draco felt a drawn to the trees in a way that was...new. it concerned him. Why would he be drawn to these trees? To this forest? It was not new for the longing to be in the forest, the temptation to be within the forest land was nothing new either. Still, the feeling of being drawn to the forest was definitely something that was new. He was not too certain that he liked it very much either.