Shimmer

It was not his place to intervene, and he had no intention to, at least, not for now. He was just curious, which was what this research and attempts to find prince Legolas so that he may question him mercilessly about the relations between Mirkwood and Lothlorien were had come from. He wished to know what was going on, and truth be told he was sort of exhausted not really knowing where he was, what he was doing, or what was going on. he was able to come up with things, of course he could, but he was not invincible. Not knowing things would likely only lead to some sort of disaster that could have been prevented if he had the information on hand. So, finding the Prince was his current mission when he had been thankfully dismissed from the hall.

It would seem that finding the Prince was a much more difficult task than what he had previously anticipated however. Draco was rather impressed, or in a way, unimpressed. After all, he had no idea any of the grid of the palace. The best that he knew was the throne room, but the halls were vast and identical more often than not, which made it quite difficult to figure out where he was on the best of times, let alone when he scarcely new anything about anywhere. He also had to be careful not to tumble to his death on the more...sideless stairs that he was wandering up and down. 

Needless to say the search had started but instead of managing to find the Prince and ask him questions that he wanted answers to, the only thing that he truly managed to was to get himself lost, which was rather frustrating. He really did not want to reveal his magic in a place that was so...so uncertain. He hated using his nonverbal magic as it almost always caused complications, and usually sent his father into a flying rage that was beyond anything that Draco saw most often (one would think that they would be proud someone of his age was able to do some forms of nonverbal magic but really his father had never made much sense on his expectations from the first day he he had been expected to uphold them)  and as such he tended to avoid it. Furthermore he had been told by his extended family to try and avoid using that form of magic in places where he did not...know anyone. Needless to say this would be one of the times that he did not know anyone, and yet...

He needed to find Legolas. The Prince was really his only chance now, and there was no way that wandering about would fix his lost situation, and as of right now he only saw certain serving elves, which really would not help matters. They were busy and Draco would hate to interrupt them. That was quite rude really, and he did not want to be the one that ended in their getting into trouble because something had been potentially delayed. He shook his head, he had to do this. 

Dangerous as it may have been, Draco glanced about him before closing his eyes and pushing his consciousness outwards, extending it through his body, out of his skin and pushing, pushing, pushing. He allowed his magic to wander up the trails of the palace, through the bark and skin of the tree that it was made out of, eyes fluttering as he continued to search, more and more and more, rejecting the familiar aura of King Thranduil and Haldir. he took a portion of Thranduil and expanded, searching for anything that was similar, and once he found him, he latched onto it, his eyes flashing bright silver white, not realizing that his skin was sparkling, not realizing that he began to shimmer as he rushed forwards, following the glittering trail of magic that only he could see, he ran through the palace like nothing else. 

The elf who had seen Draco use his magic did not hesitate, though. Dropping the tray that he had been holding he ran towards the Throne room, not even bothering to pick the tray up, or alert any of his superiors. He had seen...something. He was not sure what it was, did not know if he wanted to know, but there was one thing that he did know and it was that, such magic as the other had shown was not common among humans, among wizards, he did not know what it was but it was frightening. Powerful. Oh, so powerful.

"Ah," The King sighed, his blue eyes striking the servant as he knelt before him. "And to what do I owe this sudden urgent request for an audience." It was not a question, but then again, King Thranduil was never one to hesitate in his cutting verboise manner. He was supposed to be preparing after all, and he was not. He kept his eyes down, hoping that he would not be punished for this and suddenly regretting the haste which he had rushed here. 

"Your Majesty," The servant haltingly stated. "I saw the new ward of Prince Legolas' near the kitchens. He...seemed to use some form of magic I have not seen." 

That caught the King's attention, and suddenly the intensity of having the Lord of Mirkwood staring at you with utter concentration...the Servant knew why it was so feared. The Elf, as astounding as he was, was more than just minorly intense. He had thought his presence was intense before but now it was all but all encompassing. He was shocked he did not pass out, instead forcing the rest of the words out as he continued. 

"I figured Your Majesty would wish to hear this, and as such I felt it my duty to report it to My King as soon as possible. The boy seemed a bit lost, however before I could offer help the ward began to...shimmer, silver sparks brushed over him before he opened his eyes and...they were pure white, and he rushed off. I do not know where he went, My Lord, but I do know that this was a form of magic that I had not heard before. It was powerful, the feeling alone was...beyond." 

Thranduil tilted his head to stare at the serving elf. "Well, I must thank you for taking your time away from your duties to inform me of this. Send your supervisor to me, and I shall ensure that you are not punished, I have...a task I wish you to undertake."