43

His magic, was distinct, different from many that Thranduil had felt before, and he knew much, as he had felt many. Thranduil was far more than aware of the fact that this boy, with this new development, was not human, but he was not an Elf either, no...he was a member of something similar, yet different. A different branch of the Elves. Distinct enough that they could not really be called elves, yet similar in almost every other way. He had not thought that he would see one of them back on Middle Earth. 

They had a name prior, but Thranduil could not recall what it was that they liked to call themselves. It had been quite some time since they had been upon Middle-Earth, after all. Sailing to the Undying Lands with a majority of the other elves the first time that they had left. It was comforting in a way, though, considering the fact that it meant that the Undying Lands were, in fact, real. Which meant that if people could go to them, they could probably return as well. He was not entirely sure how this boy had come to Middle-Earth, and he was not sure what had caused him to return when so many of them wished to leave desperately. That was not entirely what worried him most, though. 

Magic, from what he had gathered in the libraries, of these beings were quite potent. They had a natural penchant for it, which had led them to being quite a force of nature. Literally. They had a very deep connection with the magic of the lands, which meant, though they could not just use it immediately, they learned how to use magic quite quickly. They were also very good at what they did learn to use, and their magic had a more potent feel to it, more so than even the elves, which had been a source of contention between the two for quite some time. 

It was more than clear to him that this boy had been trained. Extensively, at that, because not only was his magic quite controlled, Thranduil had not sensed it prior to this. He had known that he had something off about him, something different, but he had not been assured as to what it was until one of the kitchen Elves had rushed to him to inform him of the new development. It was then that he realized what it was that had shocked him, and drawn him in, fascinated, and wanting to know more and more about the strange boy that his son was interested in. Needless to say, though he had been prepared, it had still come as a shock. He knew that there had to be something rather extensively different about the boy for him to gather such a...strong reaction, not just from himself but his son as well. 

It was still shocking to see the exact reason. It was not something he would have guessed from the beginning, but he supposed that was the entire point in some ways. He wondered, if mayhaps he should message Elrond, he knew that the Half-Elf had known something, what it had been, that was the question. Elrond was not stupid, he could see the future, or at least, parts of it. He had likely seen something in the boy, at least enough to allow him to go wandering with his son and the other fiends that had decided to go take a suicide journey to Mordor to rid them of the One Ring. He was still quite frustrated that Elrond had not attempted to further stop his son, but he supposed he could let that go. For now. Not for long. 

"Draco, what a pleasant surprise." The first words that Thranduil spoke seemed to strike a chord with the young boy, causing him to tense, and glare even heavier at him. Thranduil, for his part, merely chuckled softly. "Now, now, now, there is no need for that, play nicely." he said gently. For whatever reason, those words seemed to trigger him, causing tears to fall down his face, even as he maintained his glare, his breathing had hitched up a notch, and his body had become quite tense. For whatever reason, it would seem he did not like those words, or perhaps the tone within which he had said them in. It did not matter either way, as it had the effect that Thranduil was going for, if a bit more...drastic than he had originally intended. "I was not doing anything to Legolas, so if you would please stop overreacting, I would greatly appreciate it." 

The words had caused Draco to grit his teeth, but he reluctantly stepped to the side, letting Legolas choose whether or not he wanted to move forwards, but he kept his glare on the King, overly protective. Legolas moved to stand next to Draco, having the sense not to move further as he seemed to sense that Draco would do something more drastic if he did so, which was probably the best decision that he had made at the current time. 

"You, young Draco, have been holding out on us." Thranduil said simply, leaning back in his throne, and placing an arm around the headrest. He looked every bit the King that he was, his position laid back, and relatively unworried. It reminded Draco heavily of his father, so much so that he was forced to clear his head, blinking and even slightly shaking the imagery from the forefront of his mind. 

"I? I have been holding out on you?" Draco questioned, his voice stern and thick with disdain. "Please, King Thranduil, inform me how exactly it is that you believe me to have been, what is it you claim, oh, yes, 'holding out' on you?" Thranduil was surprised that Draco was still challenging him, but it would seem that perhaps he had gone a bit...further than his intention had been when trying to test Draco's abilities. 

"Your magic," Thranduil began, keeping his words clear and low. "Is quite fascinating to me, I have to say." 

"What does that have to do with anything?" Draco hissed. Thranduil laughed a bit, staring at Draco through slightly mocking eyes that made him grit his teeth but hold his tongue, wanting to know how the other would answer. That was assuming he would do so. 

"What does it have to do with anything, why my dear, it has something to do with everything." Thranduil said with amusement. Besides him, Legolas seemed to tense slightly, prompting Draco to put an arm on his shoulder calmly, before directing his attention once more to the King. 

"Well, perhaps you should be a bit more specific, Your Majesty, considering that you seem to understand what you are saying, however I cannot seem to grasp what it is that you are attempting so desperately to convey." They were phrased politely, that was clear, but the way that Draco stated his words that he was mocking the King, quite heavily at that. It made Thranduil twitch annoyed, but he did not rise to the young boy's words. 

"I merely am saying, I am surprised to find out that you have Magic at all. For a person so young, you seem to have a fairly good grasp on how to use it as well." Draco scoffed, agitated. 

"It would be shameful to not know," Was all that he said.