47

"Ah, My Prince," Draco began hesitantly, his voice soft and tentative, as though feeling the atmosphere before wanting to continue. Everything had been rather hectic so far after all. From Legolas being forced into having a conversation with his father, to Draco being brought before the King, and then subsequent events that had just happened. Whilst Legolas had been quick to reassure Draco that his father would work tirelessly to try and find a suitable teacher, that was only part of what Draco was really worried about. Though it did beg the question of what exactly form of magic was common on this realm. Draco knew it was different, but he did not know how, and he did not really have any need to learn of how it differed either.

He would rely on his own magic, considering it still worked perfectly he did not see the point in trying to learn a different form of magic. It was useless, and would only inhibit him when he returned to his own world. He already could do most spells wandless, whilst granted most feats that he had done were minimal in Magical Usage, he was sure that he would work his way up. After all, wandless magic was all the same in theory, different spells were just more difficult based on how complex the spell itself was. It was part of what made the Dark Lord's ability to use the crucio curse so young such a...a feat. It was actually quite astounding, and despite Draco's dislike of Voldermort, even he could understand why most would want to follow him, particularly when the Dark Lord was younger.

Younger Lord, tons of power, heir to Slytherin? It was not hard to see why a lot of people lined up behind that. Nevermind the charm and intelligence that he probably had in spades. His Grandfather never really spoke of the Dark Lord, as a matter of fact, neither really did his father, but it was not hard to glean information should one know how to do it, and Draco definitely knew how to do it. Learning everything that the Dark Lord had managed, especially given how young that they had been...it was definitely a shocking number. That was really the most surprising thing after all.

"What is it?" Legolas answered, turning to look towards him, where he had been lingering a it behind the other. Draco sighed, trying to figure out what to say. It was not as though he could just pretend he had said nothing. That would do no good. He gave Legolas a small smile, before glancing around him to ensure that there was nobody that could overhear what he was saying, which Draco stopped with a light laugh. "Draco, you do not have to worry. Any conversation between a Prince is not listened into." Draco just stared at him, baffled. Did...Did Legolas actually believe such nonsense?

It was the first time that Draco was forced to call into question Legolas' actual thought process. Who in the world just...agreed that sure, nobody was going to listen in on a conversation that may or may not have a lot of really good and important information. He was stunned that the Prince believed such a thing with no level of care whatsoever. No caution. He knew that he was probably being stupidly dumb and ridiculous here but...He supposed there was probably a reason that the Prince believed that, and Draco was not going to call that into question, he, however, would not be making a foold of himself for believing such tricks. He had long learned that even if something was against the rules, and even if one that none were listening, there was always someone that was going to walk away with information that they should not.

"My Prince, I admire your strength of belief in your people. It is quite strong, but could we, perhaps, humor me for a moment, and go to either my own, or your quarters to speak on certain delicate matters?" Draco was tense in asking, just because he knew that if Legolas demanded that they stay to talk, he would cave. Legolas had that sort of feel with him, but he also did not want to speak about these sorts of things out in public. It was not...proper. At least, Draco himself could not really bear to talk on such things in such an open manner. Legolas seemed willing to humor him and nodded, a small laugh leaving his lips.

Draco could not help but let out a sigh of relief as he noticed a shadow leave through the side hallway. He knew that someone would have been listening in. Either way Thranduil's own command, or through their own curiosity. It did not matter. Draco would hopefully get the Prince to realize that just because they were in friendly territory did not mean one should lose all sense of cautious behavior. The King was dangerous person, and though most conversations between the Prince and their subjects may be private, he doubted any of these elves would willingly throw themselves against a directive from the King.