Volunteers

"The only thing that is left to do is to destroy the ring." Lord Elrond said simply. Draco really was feeling a desire to hit the idiot upside the head. How could he think anything else. Of course the only course of action was to destroy the bloody thing...Draco's eyes snagged on Boromir for a mere second before the realization was flooding in. He was being obvious because of the idiot. Of course. That makes sense now. Draco glanced around. The brash Dwarf who so carelessly threw his axe at the ring was lamenting it's loss.

"Well then, how do we destroy it then? I presume you know the answer to that question, else you would not be suggesting it." Draco said simply, looking directly at Elrond, leg crossed over the other elegantly. He held his back straight, bluey eyes striking to the core of Elrond's own.

"Of course, young one, I do." Elrond lifted his gaze and glanced through the crowd. "It must be given back to the fires of Mount Doom." Draco carefully observed the other's reactions, and it was clear that this news was not taken well. Many looked shocked, others looked horrified, the Prince was difficult to read, as were those with him, but it was obvious that they were slightly unsettled. "It was in the firey heart of Mount Doom that the ring was forged, it must be cast back from whence it came. Only there, can it be unmade." This news clearly was unsettling, however, Draco was not entirely sure as to why this was. He did not wish to risk focusing attention on himself by asking what this place was (besides that it was obviously a mountain)

"One does not simply walk into Morder. The place is a deathtrap for all those who venture in. The very air you breathe, is as a poison. The black gates, guarded at all times by a horde of Orcs. Death, evil, chaos, all of the vile things you can possibly think are within those gates. It is nothing more than suicide." Draco finally understood the reaction of the others at the least.

"Have you heard nothing that Lord Elrond has said?" The Prince asked, jolting upwards once more. Draco mentally groaned. Okay, Prince this one may be but he was clearly younger than what most would believe. However, he could not help but understand his annoyance. This person was getting on his nerves too. However, he doubted that Legolas attempting to interfere was going to do anyone any good. "The Ring must be destroyed."

"And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?" The brash dwarf from earlier shouted angrily, standing in Legolas' personal space. Draco leaned back, eyes wide. The hell was going on here? Why was everyone suddenly....

Draco's eyes cut to the ring. Of course. he wanted to smack himself upside the head for his stupidity. It explained why the elves were still relatively calm and stable despite the provokation of the Dwarves and the Humans. IT was messing with their emotions. The Elves were not as affected as the other races because they had extreme control over their emotions, having spent generations learning self control. Dwarves are well known for having a short temper so it is no surprise that they were affected the worst. Draco-well Draco was not as affected because of the way he was raised. Iron-tight control on the outside, inside does not matter. Not to mention he had lived with a monster all his life, been abused and mistreated constantly, and had to deal with Now, however, with Legolas holding back his Elves by nonverbal command, Draco could take no more of this.

It was completely insane. He did not understand how everyone was so sensitive. Sure the ring would be screwing with the emotions of everyone, but still. The hatred needed between races...it was sad.

"I WILL TAKE IT..." The small voice penetrated the haze of anger and hatred and arguments that had sprung up as a result of tensions reaching an all-time high. "But-I do not know the way." Draco turned to look at the small creature who had spoken. he was so small. But Draco had learned long ago not to judge based on appearances. The other had the heart for it. Besides, from what Draco was led to believe it was he who had carried the ring here from a ways away. How far it was, he was not sure. It was enough for him to believe that the other would be possibly capable of holding onto his sanity enough to be in such a constant close proximity to the ring without growing crazy.

Unity. It was what Draco had been waiting for. He watched with a small smile as others began to vonlunteer to help aid the other small person. The dumbledore-look-alike, the brash dwarf, the arrogant man, the quiet man, and...even the Prince. Ohhh, Draco had a feeling that-given the way his fellow elves had stared at him-he had not been given leave to do something like this. Not that he was about to rain on the other's parade.

Draco waited a few seconds before closing his eyes.

"Bloody hell," Draco looked up to gaze at the small man-child looking creature before him. he could not help but be struck with it. The man looked so young, he knew that the other was elder than he himself but apperances as he had known before, where most certainly deceiving. He kneeled before the other, settling on his knees.

"Little one," Draco began voice wavering slightly. He cleared his throat. "You are older than I and yet, I would not have the strength to do as you have offered to do. I may not understand the drastic threat nor the totallity of the responsibilities that you seem to have suddenly offered to undertake all alone, but...I know of darkness, and I know of evil. By whatever may be left of my morality, I cannot sit aside and watch evil take over, and if that means helping you, and giving you as much aid as I may be able in my own limited capacity give, then so be it. I will follow you, and aid you, hopefully give you a light that you may look back upon, and mayhaps, lead you through this dark time." Draco gave a small smile.

The others of the company could not tell you what they had felt at that time, but if you were to ask any one of them, they would all say something akin to an angel lifting their fear from their hearts. They could not tell you why the young elfling seemed to have such an affect, but they would say it was a feeling of hazy purity radiating off the other. As though with him they would not need to fear anything. As though a wave of calm sureity and deep confidence filled their beings, as though this boy were the beacon of light, and they were merely vessels to an angel.

"You leave tomorrow."

Draco smiled and squeezed Frodo's hand, lifting the other's spirits drastically.

Draco turned on his heel and left, cloak billowing slightly behind him, the others staring at his beautiful form.

"That boy is a mystery." Aragorn muttered under his breath to Legolas.

"He is indeed." Legolas said softly, staring after the blond elfling. "I have a feeling there is much more to him than we see. This will be incredibly interesting. I can already feel it."