45

"A teacher?" The boy scoffed, a bit of disbelief crossing his features. "What makes you think you would be capable of finding me a teacher?" He questioned curiously, tilting his head to the side, watching Thranduil with strangely clear bright blue eyes. From what Thranduil could tell, the youths eyes seemed to fluctuate ever so often between blue and gray, but he knew many creatures who had different colours of eyes. Men were one such creature, although thranduil's knowleged on why they at times changed was limited at best. They were not the only ones who at times changed the color of their eyes, although it was an interesting development that he ensured he took careful notice off. It may be important later, and though he was not sure why, it struck a chord within Thranduil. 

"I know many people among Middle Earth," Thranduil stated, his voice slightly cold at the insinuation that he would not be capable of doing something that he had stated he would do. It irked him, a bit, to have such a meager person question him like this. He knew that Legolas was quite fond of him, but that would only carry him so far. It would seem that the other realized he had hit a sore nerve as well, because he merely bowed his head in agreement. Thranduil felt a sense of...odd satisfaction towards such seeing such a thing. "I shall send inquiries." He stated simply. "You may leave, and Legolas," The two stopped having turned to leave. "Ensure that you do not go against my orders again." Legolas turned back towards his King and bowed.

"Yes father," The words came easily, and were spoken deferentially, as they should have been. Thranduil gave his son a small smile, and dismissed him just the same, which had Draco grabbing him instantly and pulling him away from the King and the Throne area. Thranduil merely allowed his eyes to track them as they moved forwards and away from where he was sitting. 

Legolas may fancy this new boy, and I cannot fault him that, but he will have to work rather hard. I am surprised he managed to hold his magic a secret, and the little rascal definitely has more to him then he would like to claim, although I am uncertain what it is about them that leaves such an impression. I just hope that he can prove to me, more so than he has already, that he deserves Legolas. The young elfling definitely deserves this sort of happiness that he seems to have around the magical creature. The protection that the young creature has given my son is definitely not something that I will ever regret. Nor will I forget how easily it came to him. Thranduil sighed, his curious gaze having tracked the two as far as it was able, before they dipped under his line of vision. Definitely interesting. I do hope that someone can help teach the boy, though given the perils of the journey, it will likely be a hard fought battle, for sure. Still, I am certain that I can do it. if nothing more than merely teaching him myself, though I fear perhaps neither Draco nor my son would be overly pleased at such thoughts. 

"Legolas, why was your father glaring at me as we walked out?" Draco questioned, his voice quiet and hushed, not wanting the words to carry further down the hall to reach the Elvin King's ears. It was something he needn't have worried over, but Legolas was grateful that he took the effort nonetheless. 

"Father is merely...peculiar in some ways." He admitted gently. He did not want to oust his father, in any negative way, but he was rather surprised that he had not punished Draco rather severely. Though in some ways Legolas presumed that it was his father who instigated the reaction that Draco had in the first place, and considering it had served his purpose he supposed that there had not really been any real reason to punish Draco for intervening. Particularly since the whole reason was, so it would seem, to get Draco to intervene. 

"I suppose," Draco admitted, though he was still on the fence about it. There were many odd things going on, and he supposed that this was not merely one of them. He had just ousted his magic to his friend's father, and surprisingly the other had taken it well. Even offered to procure a teacher, which Draco supposed may be a tad bit difficult with a whole war going on in the background. It was far better a reaction than Draco had hoped for in the beginning, but even still, it worried him slightly. 

Now that his Magic was revealed, there was much to worry about, and only a little had to do with the others having found out about it, but more about what they would do with the information that they now had. Draco was not immune to pain or suffering. He just hoped that the Elves would not want to assess him and try and figure out how his magic worked. It would be horribly painful, and definitely not something that he was wanting to deal with at the current moment. He was healed from the injuries that his father had given him, though perhaps his malnutrition peeked through still, however that also did not mean he was eager for new injuries to line themselves upon his skin. 

"Do you think that King Thranduil can actually manage to find someone to train me?" He questioned, his disbelief still obvious. It was definitely not something he was sure that he believed. It was hard to say whether the King had the real resources to find someone that capable. From what Draco had gathered, his magic was far different than the wizards in this realm, and it would not surprise him if it was unique among the Middle-Earth lands. It was unique among his own people too, so...there was that. 

"I am not sure," Legolas admitted gently. "Though I do not doubt that Father will certainly try his best."