Hidden

Draco uttered a soft sigh of relief when he finally managed to find sight of Legolas. He had known that his magic would not fail him, but he was quite relieved none the less. There were always moments when he was unsure, and yet seeing him standing next to another Elf, a female one this this time, it made him feel rather like he could breathe again. There was something to be said of the way that the King unnerved him, and yet though he had originally feared Legolas, it was nice to know that he was nothing like his father...either the King or his own. He shook his own head lightly, this was getting ridiculous. He needed to stop worrying over everything. 

He moved slowly, walking up to Legolas carefully, and slow enough that he may turn and rush off if he truly needed to. He would have to talk to the Elf Prince eventually. Now perhaps, it may not be the best time, but he was still determined. He picked the skin under his nails as he moved closer to the Prince, keeping his body slightly stiff as he moved towards the edges of the two who were speaking. The girl abruptly paused looking back at him out of the corner of her eye. 

Draco just raised his brows and gestured for her to continue with his hand, proceeding to lean against the trunk of one of the trees. He folded his arms across his chest, leaning his head back as he waited. He did not want to interrupt, but he also knew that whatever they were previously talking about was not likely to continue with him there. As he expected, the Prince turned and greeted him, a small smile almost playing at his lips. 

"Draco, it is good to see you, what have you been doing today?" Draco pursed his lips slightly, his eyes frowning downwards. 

"I met with Haldir, on accident, whilst looking for you." He admitted. Legolas tilted his head slightly giving him a small smile, finally letting it break through his control. 

"Ah, I see," He spoke softly, and with a gentle tone, but Draco just rolled his eyes. 

"My Lord," He whispered, trying to keep himself composed. "I..." The bit his tongue. He was not sure if he should speak on such things whilst there was someone whom he did not know. Legolas just ushered him on to which he gave a somewhat tense smile. "Haldir was...headed to King Thranduil. I ended up accompanying him." Legolas started somewhat at that, staring at him with slightly widened eyes. 

"What happened?" He asked, almost as though he were frightened of the answer. 

"It was nothing too bad, I assure you," Draco rushed to admit. "It was a bit unnerving of course, but nothing bad happened. Furthermore, His Majesty seemed a bit...preoccupied with Haldir." 

Which was not...technically entirely true, but Draco presumed that it would not hurt to allow the Prince to believe it. After all, he was nervous when it came to Draco and King Thranduil, not that Draco could wonder why. He understood perfectly. The King was rather...interesting an individual, and Draco, had he been any lesser, would have managed to effortlessly aggravate him. He was not a simpleton however, and he doubted that Legolas would allow just anyone to meet with someone such as his father. 

"What did Haldir need to speak with Father about?" Leoglas asked, his bright eyes piercing Draco's own. Draco inhaled sharply. 

He was not sure that he should speak of such things. Haldir would have spoken to Legolas about the nature of his meeting with the King if he had needed to...right? If he had not done so, naturally there had to be a reason for it. Though Draco new that Haldir had originally come to Mirkwood to ensure their safety, it was not beyond reason to assume there was likely other reasons that he had to come with them as well. 

"It would seem that perhaps he was attempting to ask the King something. I left before I could understand the entirety of what they were speaking about." Which was the partial truth. He had not quite understood the basis behind the conversation, nor the need for it in the first place. He just found himself reluctant to share the details of what the two were speaking about. Something in him was telling him that it was likely not a good idea. He had long learned that if something did not feel like it was a good idea, it was likely not a good idea. He did not see Legolas really truly loose his temper, and he was not willing to risk a situation where he would do so now. 

"Ah, I suppose I shall merely have to speak to Haldir about it." For a second, Draco thought perhaps the young Prince had known that he was hiding more than what he was willing to speak on. He had thought that perhaps he would be punished for not divulging everything that he knew. Perhaps he would be struck for his boldness at refusing to obediently speak further? 

All his worries faded into nothing, however, when the Prince merely gave him a smile and apologized for leaving him alone without a guide. Draco paused at that, momentarily stunned. The Prince...was apologizing to him. It made him almost feel a bit guilty to continue to hide the fact that Haldir had come to offer assistence in the form of Lothlorien elves to help Mirkwood fight off the dark creatures that plagued them. He knew it was for the best though, should it come down to it. Haldir would have spoken to the Prince about this if he felt that the other needed to know, and Draco knew that it would not end lightly if he spoke to Legolas without first consulting Haldir. Although...really he just figured he should stay silent about the entire thing. If Haldir spoke to him about what he had heard whilst within the King's presence, well, he would figure out what to do then. For now he was content to just stay quiet about the entire situation. 

"My Prince, there is no need to apologize to me. I should not have gone wandering about when I was not sure where you were, nor did I know the area very well." Draco spoke, bowing his head slightly. 

"That is not..." The Prince stopped, shaking his head, amused somewhat. "I shall ensure that the next time you go out there is another to ensure you do not get lost. How did you come by to find me anyways? I assume after Father had you leave the Throne Room he did not exactly send anyone to aid you." Draco shook his head. Legolas knew his father well. 

"He did not. I wandered about, attempting to figure out where you were." Draco ducked his head down. "I did end up getting lost. It was very difficult to find you My Lord." 

"Do not worry about it too much." Legolas said with a warm tone. "I am glad you came to find me, actually. I wished to speak with you, however when I went to your rooms you were not there." 

Draco felt a shiver run down his spine. Legolas was not his father, yet he could not help but get this feeling that he was...in trouble for something.