48

Thranduil narrowed his eyes at what the messenger had recently spoken of to him. He sent him away, displeasure in his eyes. Leaning back on the throne his displeasure turned slightly into questioning curiosity. The boy was quite observant, really. Thranduil knew his elves, knew his messengers, and he felt as though it was a bit dangerous to have someone like Draco, realizing now just how aware of himself, and of his surroundings that the other was. He was wary, cautious, and very careful, which is quite interesting. He had figured that his son's newest infatuation was quite intelligent, and observant, but at the same time he wondered just how deeply this went. This awareness of those about him. How long did it extend, and how often did it occur. Was it once in a while, or longer? He knew that his own son was observant, but he held onto the belief that his Son would not question the law, and yet now...now he likely would. Thranduil inhaled softly as he thought questions in his head. He would need to speak to Draco on his own, alone, although that may be a bit more difficult. 

Draco had not taken well to him from the beginning, and he knew that. His first impression was likely not the best, and he had done that on purpose. He wanted to be intimidating, he wanted to scare the other. He knew that Draco was somewhat unnerved by him at the very least, but this boy...this boy had potential. Of all his son's previous crushes, this was the most complimentary person that Thranduil had. He may not know where this boy comes from, but he knew well enough that he was a good match, if nothing more he managed to understand the nobility more than Thranduil had expected previously. Then again, he had not expected his son to be infatuated with some random person that had jumped into that stupid journey. 

He could not even believe his son had the audacity to attempt to wander in that ring quest. Thranduil still would need to speak to his son that, because that was not acceptable, of course. He would also have to speak with Draco on his own as well, and perhaps even Haldir if he could. Well, the last he knew that he could speak to in a lone setting. Haldir would be required to answer his summons, but with Draco and Legolas, it was a bit more complicated. He could demand, but he knew that if he did so, it was less likely that the meeting would have good substance. 

He needed to ensure that he could gather as much information on the two as possible. Specifically Draco, considering he was a wild card that he was not entirely sure how to handle. The boy was mysterious, his past was shrouded, and though he was clearly infatuated with his son, or perhaps infatuated was a bit of a complicated situation, not necessarily infatuated, but definitely caring. Haldir may have a little bit more information. He would need to speak with him. He could demand Haldir speak with him, but he could not demand that Draco and Legolas speak with him without the quality of the information he would gather be diminished greatly. 

He sighed, there was much to think on, and that was on top of trying to schedule an outing with Legolas and Draco as well around the forest. He would need to speak with his guard on that as well. There was so much to do, so much, and Thranduil would need to speak with Legolas to also get Draco to agree. He felt as though the boy was more likely to agree to his proposal assuming Legolas was the one who gave it to him. Perhaps Legolas would demand it even. 

He knew that Draco called Legolas my prince, my lord, Legolas had the ability to demand such things, and he had the ability to demand Legolas demand it of him, but he would not do that. It was dangerous, particularly considering the boy seemed to know. He would know, Thranduil did not really know how the other would know, but he felt as though he would. He shook his head softly. 

He would figure out a way to get the boy to agree to at least the outing. At the very least, he would find some way to get Draco to go on some outing with him and his son, it was the best way for him to observe him and his son together. Considering it would seem that Draco was observant and wary enough to ensure that such things were not spoken or even addressed when he had people watching. 

-

"We will be able to speak securely here." Legolas stated clearly, his eyes taking in the way Draco's own widened and stared. He watched carefully as Draco seemed to linger by the doorway, as though he were hesitant to move closer into the room. Shocked gray eyes made eyes with his own bright blues. 

"My Lord," Draco whispered. "These are your chambers." His voice was akin to a sort of shocked awe. 

"Yes, you said you wished to speak somewhere to ensure none would attempt to overhear us." Draco nodded, he had indeed said such. He just had not expected the Prince to drag him to his chambers. His personal...his personal rooms. It hinted at a sense of silent intimacy that Draco did not really know what to do with. He was grateful for the care with which the Prince had decided to give his request, but at the same time...

at the same time...

"That I did, My Prince," Draco agreed, speaking his agreement gently. He inhaled nervously, keeping his eyes away from the fact that his lord's bed was right behind the Prince. 

"Very well, then speak your mind, now. I want to understand what is worrying you."

"I fear as though..." Draco paused, still hesitant yet his Prince's command reverberated and he knew full well that he must answer despite his worries. "I fear as though your father may attempt to do something. I am not really sure...I am just stating I have a wondering, and a feeling." Legolas hummed, nodding once at Draco's words. 

"I understand that." He said gently. "And you are likely correct as well. I suspect my Father may wish to attempt to speak with you more in a singular moment without others around." That really did nothing for Draco's nerves.