intuition

Gandalf cursed the seemingly human boy with all of his strength. Perhaps it was wrong to do so, perhaps it was cruel, and really he should not be mentally cursing anyone, but the boy had told him. Gandalf had dismissed him, naturally, because he knew what lay under the mountain, but the boy had not just suggested going under the mountain had he? Now, Gandalf was faced with the exact dilemma that the boy had said he would be dealt. He had begun right. Their attempt to get through the mountains had failed, and not just because of Sauruman, though he was certainly part of the failed attempt, what with the whole casting snow down the mountain deal. He should have listened, but as ever he had ignored the other. Not exactly a wise thing to do, he now realized. The boy had been correct in his assessment that the Hobbits would likely not fare well, and even the mortal men were not dealing with the heavy snow all that well. Legolas was fine, but he was an Elf, of course he would be fine. The boy that had warned him seemed to be faring relatively fine, though not as fine as Legolas, given Gandalf could see the slight trembling of his figure. 

This boy was, however, definitely getting more and more interesting by the moment. Not only had he correctly felt the presence of the bird spies, but he had noticed what would be a faulty attempt to go through the mountains before they had even reached them, and certainly before they got to them. Though perhaps the latter was rather obvious, Gandalf thought to himself. Yet it was more then just that, of course. He had managed to intervene and mediate at the council, he had managed to spar against Boromir and win despite having seemingly had no training to speak of. There was something else however. While all the feats which the boy had possessed so far have been wonderful, there was yet another thing. His Power. Gandalf did not know what it was, and he certainly would not be able to put a name on it, he was unaware as to whether the child was even conciously aware of it. He still felt it, this boy's power. Perhaps he did not wish to admit it, but he did have power. Of what sort, that was the question.
♤♤
Legolas watched the youth carefully. He seemed nervous around him. He had thought back to what Aragorn had mentioned a mere few days ago, about the youngster's possible mistreatment. Legolas did not want to admit the possibility, but he could not simply deny it. The boy had certain...concerning...reactions to certain things. The more that Legolas watched him quietly, the more he noticed these things. It was not just pf concern, Legolas was curious as to what had happened. Though he seemed to be warming up to Legolas at a somewhat alarming rate given that fact, Legolas would assume that perhaps himself, and whoever it was that Legolas reminded Draco of, were far different in other ways that was hard to make up.

"Hey," Aragorn muttered softly. Legolas glanced up to him. "We are almost at the pass." He nodded, this he knew. Neither he, nor Aragorn, or even Draco were particularly ecstatic about waltzing around underground, though he noticed that Draco did not have a particular aversion towards it either. The boy was a set of walking contradictions. Legolas supposed while he may not dislike going under the mountain, he just simply did not want to do so. Though it seemed better then his reaction to having been told they were going over the mountain, so Legolas felt that this was a step up.

Oh how Leoglas so desperately wished he could discipline the youth, force him to tell what he wished to know. But he could not. The lack of admittance towards Legolas' kingship over him the only thing lacking in this respect. It was more than infuriating. Legolas was not going to push Draco into telling him anything, however, and it was not something that he was likely to do even if Draco eventually admitted kingship.

"I worry about him." Legolas admitted to his long best friend. Aragorn smiled sadly.

"I know you do, you would not be yourself if you did not." Aragorn said gently.

"He is sleeping very little, if at all, and when he does I can feel the despair, fear, and terror which radiates from his dreams. It pierces my heart, strikes me down because I can do nothing for him." Legolas glanced over at the blonde once more. He was quite the sight, that was true. A truly beautiful person. Be it during the day, or in the midst of the night. He wondered how his father would react to him. That is, if he ever did see him.

"Give him time, soon enough, the understanding will come, and we will know what it is we have long wished to understand." Legolas knew what Aragorn said was true, but it still made him upset for the youngest's pain.
♡♡
"This place feels as though it is cursed." Draco said softly to hinself. Legolas came up behind him, yet Draco did not stir.

"It may be. Long have the elves erased this place from inhabitance. Our feud with the dwarves growing ever stronger, it was unsafe to continue to protect the lands from the darkness which came with it. The dwarves were warned of this, but in the anger and hatred, our words were not heeded." 

"Anger," Draco said softly, swallowing hard. Flashbacks flying through his mind, his eyes obtaining a slightly watery edge as he remembered memories better left untouched. "Can rip a person apart. Tear them, to very thread of their soul. It is a destructive force. It hurts others, often more than themselves." Draco knew that Legolas would pick up the tremble in his voice, the shaking edge which he had failed to push back. 

"We have a problem." Pippin said, annoyed, sighing heavily.

"What is it?" Draco asked. Voice light, gentle. 

"Gandalf doesn't know the password to get in."