46

As it were, the boy was correct in one regard. His magic was quite perculiar, it made trying to find him a teacher even more complex. There were not many he would allow within his Kingdom, for one, and the second issue was that the boy's magic was not the same as most. It was far closer to his own form of magic, and yet it was different from that as well. Upon intense contemplation, he realized that he would simply have to find an Elven Mage in order to aid Draco's training. Trying to find a good Elven mage that Thranduil trusted enough to allow within his Kingdom was something entirely different, however. He did not trust many of even his own Kin, and for good reason. The things that had happened in the past, as much as they may long them to be, were not so easily washed away.

He would have to find someone within his own realm, which he had suspected he would have to do from the beginning. He did not begrudge such a thing. At least he would not have to deal with arguments ensuing with his desire to be informed as to the progress that they were making. Thranduil was not just doing this for free, after all. As much as his Son seemed to be smitten with the boy, the child was still dangerous, and Thranduil was not one to underestimate his potential threats. Draco may seem unassuming, for all purposes, but his magic...

Thranduil knew magic. He himself had quite a vast store of magic. Most Elves had magic of some form. Elrond had the gift of foresight, as did Galadriel, to some extent. Although the Latter's gift was due to other magical material, whilst the former was born with it. Galardiel's true give was mental cognition. Allowing her to speak within the minds of those she talked with. There were not many who had obtained such a gift, and yet it was hers. She used it sparingly, mostly because she did not have many visitors when it came to the Realm of Lorien. It was not a bad thing, Thranduil knew, but it was useful when she did have them and wished to showcase that she was not to be messed with. Arwen, the lovely daughter of Elrond, had her own gifts of foresight, though they were not as strong as her father's.

Many Elves had some form of a gift, and it mostly came in the lightfootedness and soft candence of their voices. The royal bloodline had...more interesting gifts added upon it. It mattered little in the grand scheme of things. Trying to find an Elf who had such rounded magic would prove to be quite the challenge. He would have to go into the lower areas of the kingdom in order to find one. The Silva elves were not known to possess great feats of magic such as the Silvan, but they did have more knowledge in the arts than Thranduil did. He was not so prideful to fail to admit such a thing.

He was long due a stroll amongst his lower lands people either way. This would be a good opportunity for him. He would need to reassure his people, either way. Especially when it came to the fact that there was so much going on now, outside of the Mirkwood. He figured that there was a rather good chance that the other people were anxious, it would make a lot of sense. He would have to speak with everyone and do the similar reassurances that his father had done so long ago. It pained him to think of that, as he remembered the fear and upset that many of the Elves had during that time.

It was not too insane, at the current moment things were not that bad that he would have to do the precise same things that his father had done, but he figured it would not do to simply ignore the upset. That would definitely not due, and besides anything else, the Siva elves were far more connected to the magic of the nature, that was why they were so connected to the trees, it was why his son was closer to the forests than he himself was. The Siva would have noticed something wrong far before he himself would have either way, and he noticed the tension in the lower ends of the Mirkwood.

It was a thing that he had been putting off, not because he did not want to do it, but mostly because he was uncertain how to word himself, something that was not always the case among himself. He had also hoped, futile which he now knew and suspected then that it was, that things would...get better. Yet, things had not gotten better, and then Legolas went and rushed off with this little group of idiots trying wander on some hopeless quest. That had been something that he...He had suspected Legolas would get rebellious in that manner, but it irked him that it was so...drastic. He wondered, with no sense of answers to come, whether it was because of that boy that Legolas had decided to go on some fools quest.

He would not get an answer on that, which he knew, but it did not mean that he could not question it. He had a suspicion that it was. He did not know where this person came from, though Thranduil supposed that was something he should definitely question the boy further on. He had the training of a Noble, had the magic of something...Thranduil had never experienced, and there was definitely something in the way the boy carried himself. He was scared of Thranduil, yet that fear did not stop his ability to protect his son when needed.

Quite the abundance of traits. Whilst Thranduil may not be overly thrilled with Legolas taking some fasincation with a person whom he did not know what they were, he had to admit, that the boy definitely was...acceptable as a mate.