Part 42

Draco was confused, and he did not like this. He had not really had any reason to throw a fit, as of yet, but he could not find Legolas. Haldir was hiding out in his room, and that was expected with the King's curt words that had been spoken to him the day before. At this moment, he was not concerned with Haldir, in fact he could really just care less about the Elf. He knew that Haldir was fine, he was just sulking, something he had not previously thought would happen, but was clearly happening, either way he did not really bother to concern himself with the Wood Elf from Lothlorien, he did not have the time for that and beyond that even if he wanted to ask him, he did not know where he was and he did not really care to bother to find out.

He was far more concerned as to where it was that Legolas was hiding himself out. Or if someone had taken him instead, because he had said prior that it was quite possible that he would be punished for failing to take him around the castle in apt time, especially since apparently Draco was supposed to have had that done for him the second day of his being here and it was...well, it was definitely not the second day. It had not been overly long, only about a week now, but apparently that was long enough that the Prince was worried about his father's reactions. He normally would not worry if Legolas had not come to one of his meetings, but Legolas had said that he was intending to take him to the practice grounds this morning. It had been set in stone, and the Prince had even ensured that he did not have any other obligations to handle to ensure that they had the entire morning to themselves to do so. Draco was not entirely certain why it was that he was so obsessed with getting him to the Training Grounds, but he was not going to argue with him either. It was just not worth the effort to do so.

Now, however, he was concerned. The Prince had not shown up, and from what he could gather, he was likely being held up, something which made Draco's veins light with a sense of annoyance, and a rather heafty amount of concern. He wondered if he should go and find the Prince, or if that was a bad idea, because he was really not sure what he should do at this moment. Everything in him was telling him to find Legolas, but what if he was put in more danger just because Draco had done so? He had to really think these things through. He could not allow himself to be overly emotional. He typically was not, unless he cared for or about something, and the Prince was one of the few that did qualify for his care.

Something which was beginning to become troublesome. He narrowed his eyes, letting his fingers trace the railing as he climbed the stairs, the green of his house smoking fro his fingers, as he continued up the stairwell, he hummed softly under his breath as he followed the stream which was connecting itself to wherever it was that Legolas was being held. Granted, should he, no. Absolutely not, it was impulsive and horribly emotional, and his father would be absolutely disgusted should he ever find out and would undoubtedly punish him greatly. However, his father was not here right now, and Draco did not bother to care for what he would think. He did not have the space of mind to worry about that when his father was not here at the moment. He had been stuck in this...Middle Earth, for weeks. Upwards towards a couple of months, and it was obvious that whatever was holding him here was not going to dissipate anytime soon. He still woke up, worried that he would return to his land where his father was ready above him to punish him for...whatever had been going on because he did not understand anything of how he got to be here any better than anyone else.

However, his father was not here now, and it was something that he had to repeatedly state to himself, and as such, his being slightly emotional over the Elvish Prince going missing despite their previously planned outing enough to use dark tracking magic was not something that he would have to explain to his father. Perhaps he would have to later, but later was not now, and Draco did not have the frame of mind to be allotted worry about later. Right now, he would focus on one thing at a time. He was more than allowed to worry about the Prince when he did not show up for a meeting that they were supposed to have.

He had plenty of justifications should he need them, and he had been running them through his head as he climbed the last few stairwells to see Legolas bowing before Thranduil. He froze, staring at the sight, annoyance flooding through him. He rushed forwards, allowing his magic to wrap around Legolas and pull him towards him and behind him, as Draco himself glared up at the King, tilting his head as he did so, one hundred percent mocking the king, challenging him.

Thranduil felt a shiver of...something run down his spine as his son was ripped from his position by some invisible force and pulled behind the blonde who was now staring him down. He hesitated to say it was fear, but if he was forced to put a name to the feeling, it would definitely be something similar to that, though he refused to admit that it was truly fear, it was something similar that was just difficult to name, is all.

And now the little blonde creature was challenging him. 

His bright gray eyes were staring defiantly into his own blue. Thranduil would have to admit that he was impressed. When Legolas was put in some form of danger, the boy reacted quite immediately, and his tenacity to dare to challenge him when previously he had never done so was quite...fascinating. Not that he would have ever actively put Legolas in danger, he was his son, and he trusted him with many dangerous situations, but Thranduil would not purposefully harm his son in such a direct way. He found it distasteful. If Legolas was in the wrong, of course he would punish him, but not like the way it was obvious the boy feared. Not that Draco knew that, and it was a good thing, it would seem, as though Thranduil could not actively see the magic that entwined itself about the boy, he could feel it.