Fight? Why?

He just could not wrap his head around the fact that the King wanted to see him fight. It...confused him quite a bit, actually, if Draco were to be honest with himself. What good would that do? Whatever the reason, Draco knew full well that he could not simply refuse the King. That would do him absolutely no good whatsoever, and in fact, Draco would wager that it woudl do far more then just 'no good', after all, Thranduil was a King, and Draco was a guest. That would be suicide at best and murder at worst. What sort of idiot refused the king that they were currently residing under? It was a penchant for idiocy to even think of refusing. Draco had exhausted all forms of attempting to get the King to undermine his decision or think more lowly of his fighting ability, but it would seem as though Draco were out of luck. For whatever good or bad the King's relations with his son, it would seem that the King took his Son's word for the good of a fighter. Perhaps it was simply because Legolas saw potential in him, but he doubted that it was a good idea to have him go running around with a dagger or a sword. 

Blades in general, probably not the best idea. Draco could fight, somewhat, but his father had considered fencing or crossing blades too Muggle of an activity for his son and heir to learn. Therefore, learning such things had simply not happened, and so it was with great regret that he found out he would be forced to fight, with a sword. How he was supposed to learn to use and actively be capable of fighting with a sword within a few hours left Draco shaking inwardly, and fighting to control his mounting panic at this entire situation he was being forced under.

He did not even know how to hold a sword properly. Let alone actually use one. He knew the basics, of course, how could he not? He had seen the others during their spars, and so he knew some, then there was the fact that he had had a whole fight with Boromir, even though those were more daggers and less...swords if he was being honest with himself. He just, was not entirely certain that he would manage to handle himself against another elf. A human was something, but another elf? Legolas...He had seen Legolas fight. The elf was astounding. There was no way that he would manage to keep up with another elf, he had been lucky enough to keep up and best Boromir. 

Draco was surprised, lucky, and stressed all in one as he paced around his room. He closed his eyes and inhaled, trying to collect his mind's thoughts, realizing that it would simply not do to be overwhelmed by what he was about to deal with. There was nothing that he could do but deal with the fact that he was about to enter a full fledged fight with another elf. He did not even understand what the rules were. Nor could he comprehend why it was that the King wished to see him fight. What was the point in that?

He supposed that it would not matter either way. It was headed toward such a thing. He could not deny the King. He was not stupid, and even if he was it would take a special sort of idiocy to refuse the King, Potter like idiocy. Any half way decent Slytherin was not that stupid. 

He sat himself down, looking at the sheets of the bed, and trying to settle his mind just a little bit before condemning himself to his unforeseen torment. He had not expected to be directed into a battle of the blades when he had agreed to accompany Legolas to his homeland. Though, perhaps he should have. After all, he had to realize that the Elves were intense, woodland elves more so then he previously would have suspected.

He fell back on the bed, eyes staring up at the ceiling. It was a hopeless endeavor. He was beginning to realize that he should really reconsider who he agreed to hang out with. Not that he had much of a choice in the beginning, but seriously. He supposed Legolas was at least more decent company than the others would have been. Not like he would have allowed Legolas to leave him anyways .If Legolas had refused he would have followed him anyways. 

Not the point. He had to calm himself down. So what, he was about to embarrass himself so utterly awfully in front of a dictator of a land, but that was besides the point. He needed to be able to keep his mental faculties. Kind of, complicated, understanding the impending doom he was facing. 

"It's fine, Draco. Just do what you normally do." 

What he normally did. He would do that. He was a Slytherin, he could not allow himself to lose face, at least, not horribly. It was inevitable that he would, what he needed to was make sure that it was not so terrible that he could not show his face in the upcoming days. It was the best that he could really do. There was nothing else. He had thought of a million different ways to get out of the situation, and when he had disregarded those for various obvious reasons, and tried the ones which had clearly failed, the only thing that he was left to do was accept that he was not getting out of this.

Which meant that he had to figure out a way to use this to his advantage. Not that it was easy. Rather, it would be the most complicated thing that he had done in a while, but, he was not a Slytherin for nothing. 

He would figure something out. He had until the morn to figure out a way to either get out of this on top. He would figure it out. He had to.