hmm

Legolas had thought over what the other had said. He would continue to ponder it more and more, but as he did so he realized that they were quite collect. It was not that Legolas had dispelled the idea from his mind, but now he could not help but draw conclusions about certain things, and he was beginning to be capable to draw a picture and he noticed certain things and he could not help but wonder. The way that Draco was ever so softly spoken, as though fearful if merely speaking above a certain register would cause unfavourable results, how he seemed to allow himself to fade into the background, how he was ever so careful with everything he did, and all he said, as well as the simplistic hatred of physical touch. Legolas had seen it once more. Later that day Legolas was forced to once again see these things in the boy, which hurt him personally. He found him worrying greatly over these things. When it happened again, they were at the edge of the cahadras mountains. Tomorrow they would enter the death trap. Legolas had noticed Draco was speaking with Gandalf. Curious, and against most of what his father would allow, Legolas eavesdropped on them. He knew that it was unsavoury in behavior, but his curiosity got the best of him.

"I am not saying that it is not the fastest course of action, but even you must admit that it seems suspicious. There is something that tells me that it is not wise to continue this way." Draco said carefully, trying to be kind but also getting frustrated.

"We will go through the mountain. I will not go under the mountain." Gandalf stated, glaring at Draco with his own gaze. Draco growled, eyes seeming to glow ice for a moment, before he shut them quickly and took a deep breath. Seemingly needing to steady himself for a moment.

"I am not saying to go under." Draco stated, Legolas noting that his voice was restrained heavily, knowing that the other was annoyed. Legolas had to state that he was rather impressed with Draco's ability to keep himself in control. "There are other routes, and of course they may be a little bit longer, but they are also a lot safer." Draco just tilted his head to the side a bit, and Legolas noticed the change in atmosphere. "Think about it. Do you honestly believe that the hobbits will be able to withstand the depth of snow at the top of the mountain?"

"The men can carry them." Gandalf insisted. Draco grit his teeth, refraining from rolling his eyes at the idiot. He needed to be civil, after all.

"We have two men, and Elf, You and me within this company. Four hobbits, and a dwarf. I doubt you will be capable of carrying one if them, and I am hardly strong enough to do so either, which leaves three capable of doing so and five which need to be held, and even if the Dwarf refuses to be held, still, there are four which need held." 

"Why can you not hold one?" Draco stared at the other deadpan.

"I am barely seventeen years of age, old man," Draco said, his annoyance despite himself getting the better of him. "And I was not exactly held with a caring family. Physical weakness was preferred upon my stature as opposed to...other aspects." He said bitterly. "That is, however, besides the point. I have warned you. Considering you desire so desperately to continue in this path, i no longer deter you. Just know, I have warned you. Whatever comes next is on you, old man." Draco turned elegantly on his heel and walked away, not daring to look back at Gandalf, who was staring at his back as he walked away.

Legolas had to admit, he had not expected such a dignified response, but he supposed he should have. Draco had already shown himself capable of quite astonishing self control, and it was quite admirable to him. Still, he could tell the other was quite distressed, and just attempting to hide it behind a facade of indifference. He would not bring it up, and thought perhaps the boy needed a bit of time to calm down, as such, he just kept a careful eye on the other.

Gandalf, however, was stuck with the knowledge of that Draco had spoken, and thought over what the other had said, and he could not help but glace over at the other just a little bit worried. He had noticed that he seemed a bit thin for a boy his age. He sighed heavily. That boy had gone through so much more than he spoke of. Though he could not help but wonder of the 'other aspects' that the other had spoken of were.

"Care to spar?" Boromir asked. Draco glanced up.
"With swords?" He laughed.
"What else?" Draco smiled bitterly. He had to remember magic was not often seen among these people. Of course it would be swords. He rather missed dueling. Even if he was above most of his peers.
"I do not believe I would be a suitable sparring companion."
"Oh, and why is that?" Boromir asked curiously.
"I have never used a sword much."
"I was sparring hobbits earlier in the week." Draco tilted his head, acknowledging that.
"Very well, do you have a sword I may borrow?" Legolas swept up out of nowhere. Boromit started, though Legolas saw Draco did not.
"Here, you may use these." He grabbed his hand daggers. Draco grabbed them both. He admired the etching and make of them.
"They are beautiful." Legolas smiled.
"My father had them made for me when I was old enough to train." Draco bowed to him.
"Thank you, Your Highness."
"Just be careful."
"I shall."
Legilas fell back to watch.
"I cannot believe you did that." Legolas just shushed him.
"I want to see something."
"And what is that?" Legolas looked at him
"When an Elf uses and Elvish weapon. It does not matter if they have training, they will go instinct, versus skill. And against the Mortal Man." He turned his eyes to the two readying themselves. "They will win."