moria

The mines were far different from what Draco expected, though he supposed he should have guessed what it would be like from where they had been stuck for what would seem an untold agonizingly long amount of time. He wasn't too much a fan of the dark, echoing hallways. Not to mention the overwhelming sense of danger which seemed to originate from nowhere and yet assaulted him from everywhere. He didn't like it, but at the same time he could not explain why he felt that sense of danger. If only they had simply gone around the mountain this would not even be a problem, but for whatever unknown reason, Gandalf was determined to avoid that. Draco realized that it was the longer way, but it was also the safest. This so called "wise" wizard really did not think things through. First he wanted to go over the mountain. Hazardous itself with the risk of blizzards, snowstorms, and avalanches, next to no shelter, and freezing temperatures. Not to mention the hobbit creatures barely reached the waist of the grown adult men. Then he decided to go under the mountain. He then could not figure out the password to the dungeons, got them trapped in, and surely the old idiot had to have entertained the thought out bad outcomes. He knew elves didn't do too well underground, and Draco was hard pressed to believe the wizard knew nothing of the feud between the elves and dwarves. Even without having met many, Draco could tell that the race of dwarves were brash, impulsive, and short tempered. He doubted bringing an elf would do anything to pull the company into their good graces. 

Now, wandering around an underground fortress, with that lurking sense of danger suffocating him, Draco could not help but be indignant. Gandalf too busy reading old tomes to actually sense the danger upcoming. They were stuck in a small, enclosed room, that would certainly not hold for long given the upcoming danger which was undoubtedly soon upon them. Draco closed his eyes, emptying his mind, before clearing his head, and assessing their situation. It was not the best, but it was not necessarily totally dire. 

"Your Highness" Draco whispered softly. Legolas glanced at him, blue eyes sparkling. Over the last few days, Draco had to say that he and Legolas had gotten...closer to an extent. Though Draco rarely actually spoke with the others, he was beginning to become more comfortable talking with Legolas than he had been in the beginning. The Prince was...different, certainly. He wished he had the strength to address the other as he wished so desperately to be addressed, but despite Legolas showing nothing but loyalty and capability, Draco was hesitant, his past not close to forgotten.

"What is it?" Legolas asked, voice low.

"Something is coming. I cannot describe what it is, but one thing is for certain. It is nothing good." Legolas hummed, nodding.

"I felt it too. " It calmed Draco slightly, the knowledge of the Prince believing him. He did not understand his worry, as do far the elder had taken in consideration of all that he has spoken, but it still lingered somewhere in the back of his mind.

"Gandalf," Legolas called out, sparing Draco to be the one to do so. Legolas knew as well as the elf like boy that Gandalf would not here Draco's warning. "We must leave, now." The Wood Elf had managed to eject enough severity in his voice, and urgency in his tone that Gandalf did not question him as he undoubtedly wished to. The wizard gathered everyone, dropped the old tome and ushered them out the door quickly. Behind them, Draco lagged a moment. Turning behind him, he outstretched his arm, eyes flashing emerald for a moment, the stone double doors slamming shut, locking themselves. With another flick of his hand, the door was warded shut. It was not a strong ward, and certainly not the strongest that he was capable of, but it would give them some time. Legolas turned away from the boy, his pale blue irises flashing in a sort of fascination, before hurrying along as Draco came running after them.

The bridge which they came to was long, arched, and not very wide. They would have to run, one by one, to get across. Legolas and Draco instantly took charge, overriding Gandalf who was still slightly confused at Legolas' sudden urgency that they leave. The hobbits went first, and together. Running forwards, and when they were 2/3 of the way across, Gimli ran. After that, Gandalf, then Boromir, and Aragorn. Draco paused just as Aragorn reached the other side. Pale, frightened blue eyes looked up at Legolas. Hands pulling lightly on the Prince's arm slightly.

"My Prince, they have broken through the door. They will be here soon." Panic flooding Draco's mind and body, despite his attempts to control the fear which flew through his veins at the realization that, should they not leave soon, they would likely not leave at all, he did not quite register the slip. This was not the same for the one addressed. Legolas did notice, and pushed the thought aside for the moment, instead focusing on the present, drawing no attention to the slip of words, and making no mention, simply nodding at Draco's words and both of them dashing across the bridge. Now grouped together they all rushed out on the other end, just as Aragorn and Boromir caught sight of thousands upon thousands of goblins. 

Outside, everyone was catching their breath. Aragorn stood, panting slightly. "We must get to Lothloríen by nightfall." He said, voice shaking slightly. "Goblins will be flooding the area by then, and I would prefer not to fall into their hands. " Gandalf looked at Aragorn.

"Goblins?"

" Aye, " Boromir agreed. It was a first, the Gondorian agreeing with Ilsidur's heir. "Thousands. I don't know by what Legolas felt danger approaching, but we best be glad he did. And that we listened. Else I doubt we all would have survived in those cursed mines." Gandalf nodded.

"We must make haste, then." He agreed, nodding.