locked in

"Bloody hell," Draco whispered aggravated, leaning still against the rock that he had been for what would seem like ages. He had to admire Legolas' patience, given that he still had yet to give in and just tell Gandalf what the answer was. Gandalf still had failed to figure out the password. Trying all those fancy combinations, yet none worked and he was confused as to why? Draco stood, walking over to Aragorn, he figured now was a good time to talk to other, as he had mostly spoken to Legolas, and besides, he stilled owed Aragorn a thank you, after all. He figured that now would be as best as any time, given it would seem that Gandalf was not going to figure out the password anytime soon.

Standing before Aragorn, he waited until the other acknowledged him. It was only good manners after all, plus Draco was not entirely certain how the other would react to seeing him. It was not as though he really made an effort to interact within the members of the group, and so far Legolas was the only one whom he had really spoken to with any real length. It would seem that he had little to worry over when it came to a bad reaction, given that Draco could see a slight lifting of his lips, before responding.

"Hello, Draco," The man said softly, a light smile playing at his lips.

"Hello," Draco said, feeling a bit awkward, of course he did not let that show, but he felt somewhat...weird speaking to Aragorn. "I realized that I have failed to thank you for aiding me in finding the council meeting." Draco smiled a bit deprecatingly. He was still somewhat surprised that he had failed to do so until now, it was quite deplorable. "I normally do not forget such things, so I must apologize. I do wish to thank you, though, as I would have never found it if not for you." 

Aragorn had to admit that he was rather surprised that Draco was thanking him for something so simple. Not that he had any special reason to be, but he was. Him helping the other find the meeting was simply an act of goodwill. He had never been expecting to be thanked, yet the boy was doing exactly that. He was surprised that the boy even remembered to do so. It had been several weeks since then.

"It was no big deal," Aragorn said, dismissively, waving a hand slightly to showcase that. He looked at the boy's blue eyes, which simply stared at him. It made him slightly uncomfortable. Similar to how some Elves stared at him. He knew that the boy was not an Elf, and he may not know really what he was, but it was still just as unnerving.

"Perhaps it is no particularly large deal, to you, however it is to me." The boy said. Aragorn would never get used to his way of speaking. It was so, proper. Half the time Aragorn was forced to de-configure what he said. "So, either way, I thank you." Aragorn smiled.

"Then I gratefully accept your thanks." Draco gave a small smile. It was progress, at least. Aragorn had rarely seen the boy smile, and never at him. Normally, when the boy did smile, it was to Legolas, no one else. While he was grateful that Legolas was helping the boy open up a bit, it was clear that the other was also beginning to depend on the Prince a bit, and Aragorn was not entirely sure if that was a good thing.

"I do have a question for you," Draco admitted. Aragorn smiled, happy that the boy was opening up some, even if it was to only ask a question, which was not really the progress that Aragorn really wanted, but it was better than no progress at all. 

"What is it?"

"You know Elvish, correct?" Draco questioned, even though he knew the answer, it was best to ask after all.

"Yes," Aragorn confirmed, a bit confused. The boy was asking if HE knew Elvish, when there was an Elf standing not a few meters away. 

"How do you say the work 'friend'?" Draco asked. Aragorn was still deeply confused, but willing to indulge the boy a bit.

"Mellon," Draco furrowed his brow. Seriously? So far, from what he had heard of it at least, it seemed that the elvish language had a lot of roots in ancient Gaelic, though if he really thought it over, it sort of made sense. It was a good thing Draco knew ancient Gaelic, not that he would actually tell anyone that. He would allow them to go on thinking he was clueless. That was their mistake. "But, why are you asking me?" Draco looked up at Aragorn. He sighed.

"I would as Prince Legolas, but I feel as though he is slightly preoccupied." Aragorn did not understand. Legolas was not doing anything. Why would he be preoccupied? And with what? Aragorn stared at Draco, hoping for him to divulge more. "He is thinking, I do not wish to interrupt. Besides, I feel I have troubled him enough for one day, and it is not exactly polite of me to approach him." Aragorn could see that, though Legolas was never one to follow traditions so rigidly, this boy seemed the opposite. 

"I see," Draco gave him a grateful smile.

"Thank you for indulging me," the boy said, grateful. Aragon just smiled and nodded once. Draco walked up to the doorway, glancing at Gandalf who was still staring at it, stumped, and at a loss.
"Why make things so much more complicated than they truly are?" He asked the old man. "Mellon," his voice rang out over the valley, the doorways opened to his ringing, confident tone. Everyone stared at him with wide eyes, in shock. He had figured it out, before Gandalf had. For some, this was shocking, and only Legolas did not find it particularly surprising. "Well, come on." Draco urged. 

They all walked into the hall, and the doors slammed shut behind them, trapping then inside, and encasing the entire place in darkness. Draco licked his lips, nervous. He heard a shout of grief, and looked over to see Gimli, crying over the skeletons of his fellow kin. Draco, he was long since desensitized to death, corpses and skeletons did not bother him much. Though he sort of wished that it did.