New Place

Crash. I ran out of Masahiro's room just in time to catch him before he hid the floor; his head was bleeding and he had passed out in my arms. It looked like his mother left again, not that I'd know where she's. I grabbed the closet phone, being the house landline and called an ambulance before calling CPS and my mom and Kensuke. Both services got to the apartment around the same time, and I panicked to find a reason as to why I was where. I told both of them that I was his friend's brother and that he was left alone with me when my brother and his partner went to grab something from the corner store. Luckily, Ken had my back on the story when he and Mom arrived. I told everyone what had happened and I watched my mom start to cry, which made Ken cry, and my attempt to stay strong came crashing down.

It took a while for us all to calm down, but when we did my mother got permission to take Masa under our roof; not adopt him, but after telling the CPS that he was there more often than his own home they gave her permission. This was a relief, I will be able to insure his safety more and Ken will get to officially live with his best friend. The ambulance had already left and because of his condition no one was allowed to go into the ambulance with him. It hurt my soul and although I'm not religious I prayed that he'd be ok, he's the most important thing in my life and I'd walk through hell for him.

He was going to be in the hospital for a couple days, so Kensuke and I set up the guest room by demand of our mother.

"How're you hold up?" My baby brother asked.

"I'll be ok, he'll be ok, we'll all be ok"

"You love him very much, don't you"

"I'd sell my soul to make him happy" I said, putting the fitted sheet on the bed. Ken gathered some spare blankets and pillows.

"Agh, I don't see the point in this, the two of you are just going to end up sharing a bed." I chuckled at my baby brother.

"Well Mom doesn't know that" I replied. We continued to make the bed and clean the room. After gathering some of Masahiro's belongings from the apartment, I set them in the correct places and hung his clothes in the closet.