Serious Talk

I woke up realizing that I had fallen asleep on Kousuke, who was now asleep. The fact that I saw my mother today still sits in my mind as if it is soaking there, marinating. I unravel myself from Kou and make my way to our bedroom to grab my computer. I don't feel like cooking tonight and asking Kousuke to cook would hold the same result of asking a toddler to cut your hair so I decided to order a pizza for us, half meat lovers and half extra cheese.

Kousuke woke up minutes later, a bit surprised that I was awake already. He lazily kissed my head before hugging me. I informed him that the pizza was on the way to which he replied with a nod.

"When you wake up some more, I want to talk to you about something serious."

"Alright, is everything ok?"

"Yes, it's just an important topic that I'd like to discuss." I stated.

"Good, I'm proud of you and I'm happy that you feel comfortable enough to talk to me about something important." He smiled.

We made small talk as we waited for the pizza and as Kousuke woke up. The pizza arrived and we grabbed our respective slices before heading back into the living room.

"What'd you want to talk about?" Kou asked before taking a bite.

"Remember when you asked me if I wanted kids?"

After almost choking on his food he replied "Yes, why're you bring that up?"

"I thought about it a lot before you brought it up and after seeing my mom today it's as though all the thoughts came back. I think that I do want to have children at some point, I'm just afraid that I'll become my parents."

"Masahiro, you're nothing like them. You would never do what your parents did to you. You are the kindest, most loving, and most loyal person I've ever met. Never in a million years would you abandon your children or hurt them in any way."

"Thank you."

"I'm only speaking the truth"

"Do you want kids Kousuke?"

"I'm still not sure. I think at some point I do, but I also see my students as my kids to some extent."

"If a student was going through a difficult time would you have taken them in?"

"If there was no other option, probably. I don't want anyone to go through what you did. No one deserves to live like that but you know that already."

"Are you looking forward to going back to work?"

"Yes and no. I'm looking forward to teaching again, seeing new faces, and helping students succeed; however, I won't have as much time with you as I do now."

"Understandable, your students love you"

"But I only ever loved one" he said with a smirk while looking at me.

I blushed and threw a throw pillow at him. He laughed and placed a small kiss on my head. We both made our way to the kitchen to refill our plates with pizza slices before turning on a show. I sat close to Kousuke, to the point where our shoulders were touching. No words can express how happy I am to have him in my life.