Art Show

The school's art show is tonight. Our school goes all out for these types of events, they even put together a schedule.

4:30~Doors Open
4:45-5:20~Short Film: To Be Like You (Christa Rain and Jasmine Wheels) *auditorium*
5:35-6:00~Art Teacher Speech *auditorium*
6:05-8:00~Open Music Hall
6:55-7:30~Short Film: Lucky You (Devin Dean and Evan Base)
8:30~Close Doors

5:00-8:05~Art Auction *library*

The school will have students work covering the walls the entire night. They email everyone a schedule of the night so that parents can get to be there for their child and not wonder when they're turn is. Masahiro has to go in early to help set up. I believe he said he had a few art pieces in the auction, but he didn't say which ones. The school's art program receives half of the payment from each piece, so if Masa makes 12 dollars, the school'd get six.

Mom drives us over to the school and it clear that a lot of families have shown up to support their loved ones and we're no different. The doors swing open and everyone rushes in at once like a stampede. I searched for Masahiro's work while Kensuke and Mom were trying to look at everything.

"Sensei!" A voice yelled after me.

I turned around to see Meadow jogging towards me. God, she's like a goddamn boomerang.

"Hello Meadow, may I help you with something?"

"I want to show you an art piece I did! If you have time that is?"

"I'm in the process of looking for a particular piece at the moment" I say trying to end our conversation.

"Is it Setagawa's by any chance?"

"Why do you ask?"

"He practically leached on to you and follow you around like an obedient dog."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, I get that he's your little sidekick and all but isn't uncomfortable that he's always so close?"

"As if you have room to talk. You're the one who makes me the most uncomfortable I've ever been."

"Agh, whatever. His shitty art is down this hall and to the left."

"Thank you." I said as I walked away, happy that the conversation has come to an end.

I followed the directions Meadow gave me, and I found myself in a short hallway covered in art. Masahiro had a third of a wall dedicated to his art. The drawing of me and the pets where there. No one would've been able to tell it was me since I wasn't in a suit and tie. There were many drawing and paintings. Not everything was up on display, some of his pieces were going to be auctioned off later tonight.

A watercolor painting of our bedroom stuck out to me. It was drawn with a thin black marker with random splashes of blue watercolor paint. He used this method on a piece with Shigeo, but used the color orange. There was a drawing on two hands interlocked. It appeared as though one hand was on a bed while the other was on top of it, taking control of the action. Masa said that some pieces he didn't want to sell would but open to the public eye, but not all of them. He doesn't go into the auction until 7:00.

To past the time, I watched Christa and Jasmine's short film. It was about the typical popular girl and the underdog who wanted to be like her. The underdog gets a complete make over and gains more popularly than the other. The message behind it was that popularly can make a bitter person. It was a typical movie, a type that wasn't all that creative.

I took some time to look at my other students artwork that was on display. There wasn't many people from my class that took up art as an elective. Meadow has a few piece, no of which stand a chance against Masahiro's artwork.

The doors to the music hall swung open and the songs of instruments and voice came spewing out. More of my students were there playing all types of instruments and were singing. I smiled and waved to them, those who didn't have their hands on an instrument waved back, and those that did gave me a nod or recognition.

After meeting up with Mom and Kensuke, we headed towards the library. We were each handed a paddle with a number on it when we entered. I got number 12, Kenny got 19, and Mom got 28. We took a seat towards the back to make it less obvious we were there, which would later be very obvious. The host introduced Masahiro and he walked on holding three canvases. He was nervous, it was written all over his face, but I know that he'll do excellent. The first one was a painting of a rose arrangement.

"$20, going once, going twice, sold to number 7!"

The second one was of his old bedroom, well at least how he remembers it. The bed being a mess, the bookshelf, and the one thing that gives it all away. The cardboard covering up the broken part of the window.

"Number 25 starting off with $5, 12 with $10, 25 with $20, 12 with $30, 25 with $40. Going once, going twice, sold to number 25 for $40!"

I knew that the school and Masa would get more money if I outbid them a few time. Masahiro picks up the final painting, fireworks.

"$50!" Mom yelled to the front with her paddle high in the air.

"$75"offered 32.

"$90!" Mom counteroffer.

"$100" countered 32

"$125" Mom made the bid and won.

It was a bit embarrassing, but Mom was very proud of herself. After the money was split evenly between the school and Masa we all headed home with a brand new painting.