Paint

I don't think I'll ever get used to Masahiro calling my mom "Mom" as well, but he's so happy.

I was sitting on my bed, reading To Kill A Mocking Bird, one of my favorites. Masahiro walks in and lays down on the side of the bed that's in between the window and where I'm sitting.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just tired. What're you reading?"

"To Kill A Mocking Bird"

"Oh, I remember that book. I read it freshman year, it's a classic."

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites."

"Do you want to go do something? Staying in the house is getting pretty boring."

"Sure, what's your idea?"

"I have no ideas."

"Something indoors would be ideal, since it's hot out."

"Agreed. Bowling?"

"I suck at bowling. Movies?"

"Nothing good is out. Wait, I have an idea! The college I going to starting in the fall is having a paint splat for future and current students. We could go if you want"

"Paint splat?"

"Yeah, apparently they do it every year. Students and their families go into a painted room and have current students splash paint on them."

"That sounds like a mess."

"We don't have to if you don't-"

"I want to go, it sounds like fun, but we should get white clothes."

"Huh?"

"If we're going to get messy, then lets make some art as well."

"Sounds amazing!" He said as his eyes let up.

We started our day trip by grabbing some white clothing. Masahiro got a white jean jacket, white t-shirt, and a pair of white jeans. I got a simple white button-up and white dress pants. We didn't want to get the clothes we already had.

The drive to campus wasn't long, but finding the room where the event was taking places took around ten minutes. The room was covered in paint and art students were splatting their family and friends with paint while photography student were taking pictures. One of the art professors walked over to us.

"Hello, I'm Professor June. The main art professor, I'm happy to met you. Who may the student be?"

"That would be me Ma'am. Masahiro Setagawa. I'm starting in the fall here."

"A pleasure to met you, who may this be?"

"This is...he's my fiancé" Masahiro said, which surprised me a little, it was the first time he introduced me like that.

"Hello Professor, I'm Kousuke Ohshiba."

"Are you by any chance related to Miho Ohshiba?"

"Yes, she's my mother. Why do ask?"

"I remember Miho, she was my best friend in college."

"Really?"

"Yes, she was such a goofball." June said with a smile.

Mom doesn't talk much about her past, so hearing a little bit more about it made me chuckle a bit. It doesn't seem like she's changed that much from want the professor said.

Eventually Masa and I got called over by a set of students. We have the photographer the ok to take our picture and use it for possible future assignments. We started to get splattered by paint of all different colors. Seeing each other covered in paint was hilarious and we started to do some unintentional poses for the photography student. Hugging being one with maybe one or two kisses and a ton of us laughing. The photos were printed out for us and I felt as though I fell in love with him all over again. The way he smiled and laughed was beautiful and pure, just like him.

I sometimes look back and wonder what happened to the little kid, when did he grow up? Why does time fly so quickly? I didn't have any intentions of falling for him, but the world works in mysterious ways and I couldn't be happier.

We got dinner after our clothes dried and decided to spent the night at a hotel.

"I texted Mom to let her know we'd be coming back in the morning." I said as Masahiro came out of the bathroom in his pajamas after taking a shower.

"Alright, I just don't want her worrying. Can you check to see if I got all the paint out of my hair?"

"Sure." I stood up from the bed and went to look.

"Yeah, it's all out. I should probably shower as well." I said grabbing some clothes. We had packed before, just in case we ended up not going home that night.

Once I got out of the shower I sat back onto the bed. Masahiro cuddled up to me and placed his head on my shoulder.

"Kousuke"

"Yeah?"

"Do you, maybe, wanna..."

"Wanna..." I said with a smirk.

His face grew a deeper shade of red.

"Do it?" He said.

"Do what?"

"You know what!" His face was bright red at this point.

"Do I? I think you need to explain it to me using a PowerPoint."

"Never mind"

"Wait, I was just teasing you."

"I know" he chuckled and kissed me.

Sleep is for the weak, and we both have good stamina.