🎁Christmas Special🎁

"For the last time! There's no way in hell you'll get me into that thing!"

Every year it's the same deal, Kensuke wants me to present myself to Kousuke as a gift. I refuse every year. Somehow Kou and I are being put in charge of Christmas this year, so I don't have time for Kenny's jokes.

I've been cooking, baking, and cleaning for a few hours, while Kousuke is wrapping last minute gifts, hanging the stockings, and helping me clean. Usually, we'd celebrate the occasion at the Ohshiba household, but I guess I am a member of the Ohshiba family now. When I was a child, my family never got a tree, and I'd be lucky to get a 99 cent store toy. My mom did what she could, and I knew that. I also believed that because I had at least one parent, my life was better than some others, so there was no reason to complain. Now I understand that just because someone else has it worse doesn't mean that my experiences are any less valid. I understand that others have it worse than I do, but that doesn't mean that what I went through was nothing. It makes me appreciate what I have now; a loving partner, a dog, friends, a Christmas tree, stockings, and a family.

My first Christmas with the Ohshiba family was a bit awkward. The most I could do was help cook dinner, since I didn't have a job during that time I couldn't afford gifts for anyone. Despite me showing up empty handed, they welcomed me in and gave me presents for the holidays. I remember the first gifts I got from everyone. Kensuke gave me a plush cat that looked like Sasa. Mom got me some new cooking spices. Last but not least, Kousuke had gotten me a new pair of sliver earrings that were identical to the ones I had already worn.

"Now you don't have to worry about your ears turning green" he said while messing with my hair.

I turn to look at my partner who's not too far from me.

"Kou?"

"Hmm"

"Do you remember what you got me for my first Christmas with you guys?"

"The little earring things right?"

"Yeah, I'm just curious, but how'd you know that the earring before were made of fake silver?"

"One of them fell out while you were at the house and I noticed a slight green tint to your ear when returning it"

"But wasn't that months before?"

"I'm not sure, take it easy on me would ya? I'm an old man" he said laughing.

"An old man my butt, you have the soul of a teenager, or a golden retriever...both, you're both"

"But I'm yours" he said in a flinty tone.

"I know, and I'm very lucky" I replied matching his energy.

We started making out, but are rudely interrupted by the doorbell. We let everyone in and opened gifts from each other before dinner. This is nice, very nice. I'm not spending the holidays alone and am surrounded by the people I love. What could be better?

————————————————————————
Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate! Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate!

My family and I celebrates Christmas and I want to spread some holiday joy to everyone! I personally am not a religious person, but believe that the holidays are a perfect time to connect with family and friends. I am beyond grateful for everyone that reads my chapters and wanted to gift you this chapter in the spirit of the holidays. I hope that even if you're not a big holiday fan that this will bring you some joy.

Stay safe, healthy, and warm everyone!

~🐝