Awake

TW: Mentions of Hospitals and car accidents

Why is it so bright? Where exactly am I?

I open my eyes to see white walls and a window facing the outside. The light shines in my eyes almost blinding me. I look down at myself to see myself in a hospital gown and an IV hooked up to my hand. I'm starting to remember bits and pieces of what happened; I was going to surprise Mom by picking her up from work when some jerk went through a red light into of the office and hit my car in the side. After my eyes adjust, I was able to see a figure laying on three chair pushed together. I reach my hand over and rubbed the hair of the figure. It's Masahiro, I knew that as soon as I saw him. He opened his eyes a bit before they went wide. The young man hopes out from his makeshift bed and hugs me, he hugs me gently knowing that I must be in a lot of pain. I returned his affection and placed soft kisses of his cheek. He was crying, tears of joy, because I was awake. The doctor came in not long after to inform me of my conditions and that I had been unconscious for nine days. I would have to say for a few more weeks to recover, but I was going to be just fine.

The weeks were boring to say the least. I had nothing to do. Masahiro returned to school after I woke up, Kensuke never got out of going to school, Mom's at work, and my bar friends are probably working too. To make matters worse I can't smoke in here either! My family visited every day and left me some brain teasers to work on while here, which I usually solve that day or the one after. Kenny collected cards from my students at the end of the school day and would bring them with him. They were sweet notes and I could feel the love coming from them.

When I was released I still wasn't allowed to go to work for a bit, despite most of if not all of my injuries being healed by now, but I was able to finally go home. Finally, I can take a shower and eat real food. I took in the simple joys. Being able to wear what I wanted to was a bonus too! But the biggest bonus was that I could cuddle with Masa, and have him fall asleep in my arms.

After the school day ended, the boys and their friends came back to the house. Masahiro walked into our room to check on me.

"How was school?" I asked standing up and hugging him.

"Busy, I was able to keep on top of my work while you were in the hospital, but people wouldn't stop asking me"

"Don't worry about those noisy people" I said letting go of him.

"Yeah, in a few days there'll probably be some other rumor or something"

"Exactly" I replied sitting on our bed.

"How's your day? I know how much you hate being off work" He asked as he sat on my right thigh with his legs in between mine.

He's so damn adorable when he's like that. It's comfortable for both of us, but Masahiro gets flustered easily.

"It's been boring" I snake my arm around his waist.

"I figured as much"

"I'm happy to be back now though. I can shower, put on my real clothes, and you know what the best part is?"

"What?" He asked tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"I get to fall asleep with you in my arms" I answered before pushing him into my chest more as he hides is blushing face.

It's boring being home alone. Nothing to do and nowhere to go. I have no one to hang out with other than the pets. Eventually I find myself playing a couple of rounds of solitaire games, which only lasts less than an hour. I'm too impatient to do a puzzle and all the over game require at least two players. I enter my bedroom before taking a seat at my desk and pulling out an empty ring box from the night I officially proposed. It brings back heartfelt memories. The ring on my finger and has no plans on leaving anytime soon. The Spring after Masa gets out of school we want to get married. A small wedding, nothing big, probably my mom, my bar friends, Kensuke, and the small group from school. Just picturing it makes me smile like and idiot. I love him, more than anyone I've dated before.

I went back to work about a week after being released from the hospital. Of course everyone had their theories as to why I was absent for so long where were shut down pretty quickly after informing my students of my accident, how close I was to death, and that they should learn my other's mistakes and follow driving laws. The first day back was exhausting, but definitely a lot better than staying home and doing nothing all week. Finally, I get to walk alongside Masahiro again. We stopped at the pet store for food and Masahiro has a blast hanging out with the animals. He's adorable. The lack of sound was heavy in the house as Masa placed all the pet supplies on the counter.

"Kensuke must be with his boyfriend. Mom's probably still at work" I said

He nodded before cuddling up to a movie and some snacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not dead!
My first day of winter break is today and I'm glad the semester is over with. Thank you so much for being patient with me and I want to do more over break but am not completely positive I'll be able to. I appreciate all of you, everything single on of you, and I what you to be safe and have a wonderful winder and holiday no matter what you celebrate!!
~🐝