Move

First day. There's been a lot of first in my life, so why not add one more. The campus is roughly a half hour away by bus and my first class in at nine in the morning. I have Art History, English, and Painting 101 today. I have those classes every Monday and Wednesday. I only have one Thursday class, Algebra, and I know if I need help with that topic I can turn to Kousuke to lead me in the correct direction. The afternoon bus is a four, so I'll make it home with plenty of time to get dinner ready. It's been strange not cooking as much as I used to, since a lot of my former classmates had gone away for school.

I had forgotten how large the campus is. I realized quickly that the first day of college is pretty laid back. High school made it out to sound like some type of prison with super strict professors, when it wasn't, as long as you got a good one. There's less work, but if you don't keep on top of it is when it gets to be a problem. The classes were long, but went by quicker than I expected. I don't talk much, because I don't know anyone, but that's normal. It doesn't seem that they view me in any poor status, which is much better than last year.

"Setagawa?" I turn to look at the voice coming from behind me.

It was a fairly tall girl, I'd say roughly 165cm, with long brown hair.

"That's your name, right? I heard the prof say it" She said.

I just nodded. I'm not sure what she wants from me.

"You're not much of a talker, are you?"

I shrug.

"It's just that, I noticed you didn't seem to have any friends and I was wondering if you'd like to hang out a bit."

"No thanks" I mumbled out "my classes are practically back to back, and I have to catch a bus home later." Holy crap, that's the most I've said since the beginning of the semester.

"I could drive you"

"Thank you for the offer, but I'll have to turn it down." I said as I finished packing up my belongings and headed out the door.

English was a bit boring, but I received a text from Kousuke saying that he'd plan to pick me up today. So once my class was over I met up with him in the parking lot.

"How was class?" He asked once I climbed into the passenger seat.

"A bit boring in all honesty"

He chuckled and ruffled my hair before switching gears and driving off. It didn't take long for me to realize that we weren't going in the direction of the house.

"Hey Kou, where are we going?"

"You'll find out in a bit." He said with a smirk.

About five minutes later we pull into a townhouse complex and I look at him confused. He's just driving a bit farther into the complex with a smile on his face. Eventually, he pulls into a parking spot.

"What're we doing here?" I asked, even more confused than I was a few minutes ago.

"Follow me."

He got out of the car and walked forwards to one of the townhomes as I followed behind him. House 158, is the one he turn a key into an unlocked.

"Welcome home" he said as he slowly walked inside.

"What'd you mean?" I asked following him into the building.

"We have our own place now Masa,"

It had clicked in my head after he had said that and I was in overall shock. I was in so much surprise that words could even be formed.

"Do you like it?"

"I-" I run over and hug him. "I love it".

"Good, I'm glad."

We stayed like this for a while. I was crying tears of joy while Kousuke buried his face in my hair.

"I love you Masa"

"I love you too"