Bonding Time

The summer heat is getting to everyone, even the dog and it's been too hot to even cuddle with my fiancé! Everyone at the house is trying to get as close to the fan as possible since our AC broke a couple of days ago. Masahiro is currently laying on the floor with an ice pack on his head and Mom has a wet washcloth on her neck while I sit closely to the fan. Kensuke was smart and went over to Hasekura's apartment, because luckily he had air conditioning. Summer is always a weird time for me. Without schools being opened I don't have much to do and because I'm used to being insanely busy it's strange to sit around and not do anything. I've tried taking on other hobbies, but nothing ever stuck. Suddenly, my mom pulled out a puzzle from the closet and invited Masahiro and I to join her. Of course, both of us being the way that we are we graciously excepted and took a seat at the kitchen table.

Mom poured out the puzzle from the box and placed the bottom of the box next to her and the front of it on the other side of the table as a reference. We started with the corner pieces, and then built the frame around it as my mom started asking the two of us questions that she must have missed when she first found out about us.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"We didn't want you to freak out, nor did we know if you would be expecting of us and or relationship" Masahiro answered.

"Why wouldn't I support you two?"

"We're both guys, and the age gap doesn't help" Masahiro said sifting in his chair.

"You are both mature enough to make your own decisions and live out your best life."

"Thanks Mom"

"Of course! Now...when am I going to have grand babies?"

"MOM!"

"Ms. Ohshiba that is physically impossible!"

"Plus, lord knows I'd rather be shot dead than have to deal with a mini version of myself!"

"Yeah, what Kou said!"

"HEY!" I replied, pretending to take offense to that.

My mom chuckled at us bickering, but honestly I wouldn't mind a kid, despite it being physically impossible unless we got a surrogate mother. I haven't brought it up to Masa yet because we're not even married, plus I don't want to freak him out.

With the distractions of the puzzle and the teasing going around the day went by quickly, both Masahiro and I answered more of Mom's questions as well.

"Did you two...you know?" Mom asked making an ok sign with her right hand and using her left index finger to poke it through the center.

"MOM!!"

"MS. OHSHIBA!"

"Come on, I already know that Kenny and Hasekura are at it like rabbits"

"You do?!" I asked

"I mean, yeah. Your brother's been limping around quite often"

"I'm going to kill Hasekura" I said as my protective big brother mood kicked in. Mom giggled before telling me to stop being ridiculous.

"So, have you?" She asked persistently

"Yeah..." I answered trailing off.

She got up from her chair and ran over to Masahiro and hugged him.

"My poor baby, did he hurt you?"

"MOM! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!"

"Ms. Ohshiba, I'm fine, really"

"Ohhh, so did you hurt him?"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD"

"Kousuke Ohshiba! Watch your language!"

"Ms. Ohshiba, no one got hurt"

"Good" she replied moving back the her chair that was across from us.

It fells great to not have to hide our relationship, that we can have these conversations. When we started dating, neither of us knew how long it would last, but we knew that we wanted to be around each other, and that our love was too strong to tear us apart even if we tried. I tried to break away from Masahiro, because he was my student, my brother's best friend, and much younger than me. However, I was always pulled back to him, because I love him and nothing can change that. He is nothing like anyone else I've ever been with, my love for him is more than my heart can handle to the point where it almost hurts. I want us to grow old together, and if I leave this earth too soon, I want him to find someone who makes him just as happy as he made me.

———————————————————————-

Two chapters in less than 24 hours!! I've been writing more to keep myself distracted and can say it's working pretty well, plus your comments from the last chapter have encouraged me to write more! Also, I do view the profiles of those who comment to see if there's anything I'm interested in, so who know you might see me add your story to a reading list! I'm starting to make my chapters slightly longer, so I'm curious on if you guys are liking at and if you like the change of narrative each chapter between Masahiro and Kousuke. Please let me know your comments are honestly the best!!

~🐝