Little Helper

I want to give Masahiro the world, but all I can give him is myself. The students and teachers have off today, it was organized to give the teachers a day to finish grading final exams. I already graded half of mine, but knew the remaining test would take hours. As I flip through each test my head is pounding and my fingers have gotten multiple paper cuts. It's around noon when the power goes out because of the storm and an annoyed Kenny can be heard from the living room, he was probably playing a video game when the power went out. A soft knock is heard from the other side of my door and I give verbal consent for the person on the other side to enter. Masahiro enters and slowly closes the door behind him. He walks over to my bed and takes a seat, he does that sometimes when he wants to be around me without distracting me from my work. I turn in my chair and realized I had a helping hand right in front of me.

"Masa"

"Yeah?"

"If I give you a copy of the answer sheet can you help me grade?"

"Sure!" He said excited to help.

I handed him a copy of the answer sheet and he took a small stack of papers from the pile before going back to the bed and grading them. This isn't the first time he's helped me grade, it actually happens more than people would think. The only sounds that can be heard are that of papers and pens writing, that was until a soft sigh came from my better haft. I turn my chair to look at him as he holds a test in his hands.

"Everything ok?"

"I...I didn't do well on the exam"

"Oh, is that your test?"

"Yeah, I got numbers 7, 12, 19, 24, and 32 wrong"

"Masa, it was a 50 question exam. In no way was I expecting perfection. You got a 90%, I'm proud of you"

"Really?"

"Of course! You did well" I said reassuring him.

I know whenever he doesn't get things right for my class he worries about disappointing me, but I don't think I could even be disappointed with him.

We finished pretty quickly with both of us working, but by the time we finished the power was still out. Kensuke went over to Hasekura's place because he had power and Mom is going to be home earlier today than usual. Masahiro and I cuddle on my bed until we both fall asleep with the sounds of the rain. The peaceful slumber we were in was interrupted by my mom gasping in shock of the scene in front of her. We both pulled away quickly, but not fast enough for her to believe it was an accident. She started hammering us with questions which we answered each one. Surprisingly, she was supportive, and the only thing that caught her off guard was how long we've been together without her knowing. After she left my room, Masahiro and I started moving his belongings into my room. There was no point in using it if he would just stay with me most of the time. It did take us a while to rearrange the room to fit everything, but we made it work. I pull Masa close to me and started leave small kisses on his face and head. He chuckled, but didn't attempt to stop me. Eventually, he returned one by giving me a quick peck on the cheek before his face turned bright red. I can't wait for him to graduate, because than I can hold him, marry him, and officially call him mine forever. Our relationship is flawed, I have my addictions that I've been slowly leaning off, and Masahiro doesn't want to stress me with his issues. We may be flawed and have our ups and downs, but we love each other and we're happy.