Grooms

I feel nauseous.

What if he changes his mind? I know he won't but I'm nervous as hell. I've been here before, for coworker's or friend's weddings, but I never thought that I'd be in this position. Although I'm scared out of my mind, I also have never been happier.

I've seen those around me or their fiancé stand where my feet are. The chapel was small, but so was the number of attendees. I shift my weight from one side to the other as I mess with my sleeves. Why am I so nervous? Nothing will change after this. Actually, one thing will. The words "my husband" will slip from our mouths. No more hiding. We both are strong individuals who've gone through so much to be where we are today, now, at this very moment, we deserve this.

Despite my best efforts my mind still wonders off with self destructive questions. What have I done to deserve him? Will I be able to continue to make him happy? Why would he want to marry someone like me? What do I have that others don't?

I deserve him because every human being deserves to be with someone who they love and who loves them just as much. I will try my hardest to keep him happy, but I know it won't always be easy. We'll have arguments, but that's normal, as long as we talk it out and understand each other everything will be alright. He wants to marry me because he loves me. What other don't have that I do is him and the fact that no one is exactly like me. I am a one of a kind, the only one Masahiro fell for. He had other options, but he always came back to me.

The moment he stepped foot onto the aisle all of my nerves disappeared. Handsome as always. We made eye contact as the distance between us lessened, til it was practically nonexistent. It was just the two of us in our little bubble without a care in the world. Our vows were exchanged and the felt small tears escaped my eyes and dip down my cheeks.

"Kousuke, I thank you. I thank you for saving my young self and taking me into a loving home. It is because of you that I know and understand the true meaning of unconditional love, something I had always wanted. You went through great lengths for me and I want to return the favor. I want to take care of you and love you the same way you do towards me. I love you." He spoke.

"Never would I've thought that I'd be standing here some day. My whole life has revolved around logic and proven facts, but it's thanks to you that I came to realize that's not the case. There is room for emotions and not everything has to be factual. The actions I performed to protect you is something I would've never imagined doing, and for a while I didn't understand why. You've made me become the best version of myself that I can imagine. I love you, so very much." I said, reading off my vows.

Masahiro's eyes teared up, as did mine. This is a moment that will live on for as long as we breathe.

He is mine and I am his, forever.

————————————————————————
Hi everyone!
I'll be trying my best to post at least once a month! A lot has changed within the past 24 hours. A friend of mine who disappeared socially last year and I were reunited today by complete coincidence and I almost cried. We hung out for a while today since it had been forever. The feeling of seeing them again is something I could never describe. As soon as I realized it was them I gave them a huge hug and got one in return, it was clear we didn't want to let of each other. It was an amazing day! I also have a surprise for Halloween for you all! Anyways, if you aren't already familiar with the fact that I've made extended chapters from this story feel free to go check it out in my profile!

Love all of you!
~🐝