Failed Date

I saw the video, it was worse than I imagined. Luckily, it was reported and the boys got expelled for it, but that didn't stop rumors from spreading like wildfire. The rumors lasted a couple of weeks, but just like everything else people got over it. That's the thing with high school. One minute you're the talk of the town, the next people don't even know your name. I question why I became a teacher sometimes, because in all honesty, most teenagers are a pain in the ass. Then, I remember why I did it to begin with; to help students who are in similar situations to Masahiro. Looking back on it, everything I did, and everything I do comes back to him. When did he become such a major part of my life? When did I stop thinking of him as my brother's best friend? When was the line between underling and romance partner crossed? How long have I loved him for? Why did I lie that night and tell him that I wasn't interested. I've made that poor boy jump through hops for me, to earn something he already had, my heart.

It was the weekend so I was lucky enough to get some extra sleep in. When I woke up, the clock on my nightstand read 10:45. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mother cooking up breakfast.

"Where's Masahiro?" I asked. He wasn't sleeping next to and usually he'd be the one cooking.

"He went to the concern store to pick something up for dinner." She said, placing a plate onto the table.

Masa returned with a couple of bags not long later. I walked over to him and kissed him on the top of the head as he placed the bags onto the table.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Yup" I said.

"The first thing he wanted to know when he woke up was where you were."

"Mom!" I said embarrassed.

Masahiro just laughed and gave me a hug. He would have to stand on his tip toes if he wanted to kiss me, since our height is greatly different. I return the hug and helped him to unpack the groceries.

We sat in our bedroom watching a movie when I came up with a great idea.

"Masa"

"Yeah?"

"How about we go on a date?"

"Huh? What'd you mean?"

"Well, we never went on a real date because of not wanting either of us to get in trouble. So, why not do it now?"

"But, doesn't the same issues apply?"

"Yeah, but come on, we only live once you know"

"Sure! Where do you wanna go?"

"Aquarium?"

"Isn't that an hour away?"

"We'll make a day out of it!"

"O-ok than. Let's go!"

"Great! Get your shoes on, I'll grab my keys."

I grabbed my keys and informed Mom we were going out for a while as Masahiro tired up his laces. We get into the car and get ready for the long car ride. We play car games, listen to music, and tell jokes along the way. After around an hour we arrive at the aquarium and the look on Masa's face was like a kid on Christmas day.

"You ready?" I asked parking the car.

He looked at me excited while nodding his head. I ruffle his hair and we walked into the building. Masa went to use the bathroom once we entered and I stood against the wall waiting for him.

"Ohshiba Sensei?" I hear and turned my head to see an all too familiar face. Meadow.

"Hello Meadow."

"What're you doing here? It's a bit far out of town."

"I could ask you the same, perhaps you've forgotten that teacher's also have lives outside of school."

"I'm here with my friends. I just left the group to use the bathroom. You?"

"I brought my wife with me."

"Wife?!"

"Yes, did you not know I was married?"

"Where is she?! I wanna meet her!"

"No."

"Why not?!"

"I'm allowed to have a personal life Meadow and I do not owe you any explanation. You are just a student of mine, not a friend." I said.

As the words slipped out of my tung Masahiro walked out of the bathroom.

"Setgawa?!" she yelled.

"Masahiro?! What are you doing here?" I pretended to be confused to not give anything away.

"I was here with my mom, but she had to leave early. I was planning to catch a bus back, but since you're here, would you mind driving me home?" he said, playing along. I agreed.

"What about you're wife?!" Meadow said.

"Oh, she's waiting for me in the car. I wanted to get a picture of something before leaving and said for her to go ahead." I explained, digging deeper into the lie.

She fell silence and Masahiro and I left.

"I'm sorry" I said to him once we got into the car.

"It's fine, can we just home please." He replied.

"Sure." I replied and started the car.

I'm so pissed that our day was ruined so early.