Drawing

Here I am, in my partner's classroom because he's so overprotective. I don't remember when I fell asleep, but I do recall hearing the same lecture around four times. At the end of the day Kousuke and I made our way to the exit and I could manage to make out some whispering in the hallway as we walked side by side. I counted the steps we took under my breath as an attempt to calm myself down as we manipulated a path to the exist and started our walk home. Home, I feel as though I can finally say that and truly mean it. I've always felt at home at the Ooshiba residence, but there was always the idea that I would have to snap back to my cruel reality that it wasn't my real home. My home was a house where I believed only bad things came from, now I have a real home, where I can be at peace and not have to walk on eggshells all the time.

"You're being awfully quiet, everything ok?" My fiancé asked as our feet hit the cement.

"Yeah, just thinking, that's all"

"If it's about Meadow-"

"Don't worry, I know you wouldn't do something like that"

"Good, because I wouldn't trade you for the world"

"Me neither" I said as we arrived at the building.

Kensuke was with his boyfriend, Hasekura, and Ms. Ooshiba was at work. Kou put his briefcase on the coffee table in the living as I made my way towards the kitchen to see if there was anything I could prepare for dinner or if a trip to the corner store was necessary.

"Pasta a good option for tonight?" I raised my voice slightly for my significant other to hear.

"I'm sure whatever you make it'll be amazing"

"Wow, thanks for that help"

"You're welcome" I hadn't realized that he had gotten up from the couch and now had his arms wrapped around me as he buried his head in between my shoulder and neck.

He gave me a peck on the cheek before returning to the living room. After setting the water to boil I make my way to the couch and take a seat next to Kousuke as he worked. I used his side as a backrest while I used a sketch book from my bag to work on a project for art class.

"What're you working on there?" He asked turning his head slightly.

"A drawing for art class"

"Can I see?"

"Sure, I guess. Just don't make fun of me" I said handing him my notebook.

It was a drawing of Kousuke with Shigeo laying her head on his lap and Sasa laying behind him on the couch. In the drawing Kou is in his casual clothes, something no one at school ever sees, and part his face is hidden by the book in his hand.

"Masa...this is amazing"

"It's just a sketch"

"Come on, don't be so hard on yourself" he said while ruffling my hair. I smile back at him as he handed me my sketch pad back.

After dinner, I started my walk towards the corner story to grab some microwave meals for tomorrow since I have work and won't be home to cook. As I go to check out I noticed that there's a new employee, since I'm always here I pick up on who works and I haven't seen this guy before. He had red hair, much like mine before I died it, and green eyes. I avoid eye contact with the man and pay for the food before leaving and rushing towards the place I now call home.