Fight

TW: Yelling

At the end of the day I wait for Kousuke, so that we could walk home together. It's upsetting that I'm no longer in his class, and that because of school we won't be able to see each other as must. However, now that I quit my job, we should have some time to spend before I find a new one. Kou walks out with an expression I can pin point as a mixture of achievement and anger. He puts on a mask when others are around, but I can see through it. When he reaches our usual meeting place, we start to walk side by side.

"So, how'd it go?" I asked as our steps became synchronized.

"Not too bad. The kids seem to like me" he replied.

"I bet, I mean, what's not to like?"

"Well you're in rare form to be making those comments"

"You seem a bit angry and I wanted to distract you from it"

"Angry?"

"Yeah, when you came out"

"Ah, it's nothing to worry about my love. I'm just tired out from the students" he said.

I knew he wasn't telling the full truth, but if he said it wasn't something to worry about than I believe him.

A couple of weeks went by and whenever Kousuke would get back from work he would seem stressed and annoyed. I tried to do small things to help, but he was becoming distant and that made me stressed. It's the butterfly effect, one person's actions can determine another's and then it spirals out of control. In this case, whatever is stressing Kou out has made Kou's stress become mine as I stress about why he is acting in an unusual way. Whenever I ask him about it he shuts me down and tells me not to worry about it. Him saying that only worked in the beginning. I know there's something to worry about, something he doesn't want me to know. The chances of him cheating are insanely low, so I doubt that's the case, but I still don't understand what's gotten into him.

It was a Thursday night when I heard a bang from our bedroom while I was making dinner. When I went to see what the issue was, I saw Kousuke banging his fist on his desk. Quickly, I entered and grabbed his arms away from the table, which for some reason made him even more pissed off.

"Don't touch me" he said shaking me loose.

His voice was demanding and scared me a bit.

"Kou, what's going on? Talk to me" I said placing my hand on his back.

"I said don't touch me!" He was getting angrier everything second.

"Kou I-"

"Just leave me alone"

"Kousuke..."

"What?"

"What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing you need to worry about"

"Yes it is something I should worry about, because it's affecting you!" Where did all of this confidence suddenly come from.

"I said not to stress about it, to leave me alone, and to not touch me, but you never listen do you?!"

"Like hell I do, all I do is for you and you can't even give me an explanation! I'm trying to help, but if you keep acting like this I can't!"

"I don't need your help! What would you know anyways?! You're just a kid"

"I know that you're stressed and that somethings been bothering you, why can't you just let me help?"

"I already told you I don't need your goddamn help!"

"So I'm just supposed to stand here and watch as you fall apart?!"

"Who ever said that I'd fall apart?!"

"What happened to you?! This isn't the person I met that day nor is it the one I'm engaged to now! What happened?!"

"Well if you don't like it than you can fucking leave! I'm been suggesting it this whole time!"

"You know what...FUCK YOU!" I yelled before slamming the door to our room.

We've had fights in the past, but none like this one. This one had to be the most intense one ever. I never curse, and I said the worst one in the book. Without thinking, I ran out the front door and kept running until I reached my old apartment. My mom is still paying for it since when she gets out she'll be living here again. The door is unlocked, I push it open and made my way inside. Nothing's changed. I enter my room and throw myself onto the bed, but that only reminds me of him, when he came to my rescue. Everything reminds me of him, and I think that's the most painful part. I didn't sleep that night, nor did I go to school or my new home the next day. Saturday and Sunday I stayed here, ignoring all the calls from Kensuke and Ms. Ooshiba. They'd left voice messages asking what happened, or saying how Kousuke hasn't left his room in three days, but I didn't feel like replying or going back. Monday, still not going, Tuesday, no. It was Wednesday when Kensuke dragged Kousuke to my place, and I mean literally dragged. I was still in bed when the sliding glass door opened and Ken push him in, woke me up, closed the door, and said.

"You're not leaving until you make up"

I sat there silent on my bed with Kou sitting next to me. We sat there in silence for a bit before he exhaled and began to talk.

"I'm sorry, I should have excepted your help. I'm too stubborn for my own good"

"I'm sorry I said you weren't the same person as you used to be, because it's not true. You're the same person I fell in love with and that I want to marry"

"Thank you, I love you" he said with tears in his eyes and kisses my forehead.

"I love you too. Do you want to talk about what's gotten you so stressed lately?"

"I found out on the first day that Wyatt was going to be a student of mine"

"Oh"

"I don't want to treat him any different than my other students as a teacher, but as your lover I want to beat the shit outta him for what he did to you"

"And you're finding it difficult to balance to two?"

"Exactly"

"I'm happy you talked to me about it, are you feeling any better?"

"A lot better, I should listen to you more often"

"That's what I was trying to say" I giggle as Kou laughs.

"Also if you ever do need a stress reliever~" I said climbing onto his lap and kissing him.

"Is that so" he replied with a hit of laughter in his voice as he returned my affection.

Then, Kenny knocked on the door with a look of disgust and we realized that we both forgot he was there. We exist through the sliding door and apologize to Kenny.

"Yeah I really don't want to see my brother and my best friend fuck each other" he said as we made our way back to the house.

My face was red with embarrassment, but Kousuke laughed as he wrapped his arm around my waist and kept it there until we got back to the house.