Break Winter Break

The snow blankets our backyard as Kenny and Shigeo are outside playing. Mom and Masahiro are preparing a warm meal for dinner, and some hot chocolate. I called Kensuke in for dinner when they finished. Both him and the dog were soaked. Mom told Ken to go get a shower and Masa picked Shigeo up to wipe her down with a bath towel.

Masahiro and Shigeo are absolutely adorable. I sit next to them on the floor and rest my head on Masa's shoulder while he continued to clean the dog.

If there was a word to describe this moment it'd be joy. It's just Masahiro, Shigeo, and I. It's peaceful. I know these moment won't last forever because school starts up again in three days, so I take them every chance I get. After placing a kiss of his forehead I walk over to the counter and grab a mug of hot coco for Masa and I. Dinner wouldn't be done for a while, and Kenny us know to take long showers, so we cuddled up on the couch and ended up watching on of those baking shows. Masahiro always like the details of everything and gets some new recipes from there, it usually just makes me hungry. The way his eyes glisten as he's watching it is similar to that of a child on Christmas Day. We also like to pick sides, whoever we think will win at the end of each episode, and whoever's wrong has to eat a spoonful of hot sauce since neither one of us can handle spicy food too much. So far the score is Masahiro twelve, myself seven. Every season has something different, it's a fun tradition we've had since before we were dating. It used to be us two and Kensuke, but he lost interest after a while. Mom will sometimes watch an episode or two with us, but we'd never make her eat the hot sauce. We're competitive. We know that. However, we always have fun with it and never held it against the other.

As the morning bell rings the classroom is filled with new faces. It's the start of a new semester which means a new class and I can already hear some of the girls mumbling under their breath.

"Alright settle down everyone" I say before continuing on.

"How many of you had friends who've been in my class last semester?" I fair amount of hand went up, maybe about seven.

"Well I'm starting this semester off differently" I heard some of the kids groan as I pulled out index cards and hand one out to each of them.

"Today you will be writing your name on the index card. Once that is finished, you will write your pronouns. Lastly you will write one fact about you that many people probably won't know. When you have finished filling out your index card you will fold it up and place it in the bowl on my desk. After that I will select cards at random and each one of you will have to guess who is who." I explain before sitting back down at my desk.

I fill out a card as well.
Name: Kousuke
Pronouns: He/Him
Fact: I once got jealous of a dog

I smile a bit at the memory. It was when Shigeo was still at the shop and when she got home. Looking back on it now it was pretty stupid for me to get jealous over it, but it's funny that I did.

After everyone had put their card into the bowl I retreated from my desk and move to the front of the class. It was surprising how many students didn't know each other's name, they've been in the same school for ages. There were a few interesting facts about my student, such as being able to talk to ghost, part time jobs, knowing other languages, and art to name a few. Some of them were funny or interesting stories too. I did end up having to explain the dog situation to my students, but that was to be expected. They found it amusing, but Shigeo is like a child to me.

It was overall a busy day. When I got home I flopped down on my bed where Masahiro was already sitting on the opposite side of me.

"You ok?" He asked rubbing my back.

"Yeah, just burned down" I replied.

Before I could get another work in he cuddled up to me as a form of comfort. Not caring that I was still in my work clothes and that I hadn't had a chance to shower yet. I return the affection and peck a kiss on his head. We are both exhausted from the first day back. Masahiro slowly slips into slumber while curled up in my arms. He's absolutely adorable and I can't wait for him to graduate. The two of us and my mom have been planning a bit here and there, but it's a difficult situation. Masahiro doesn't exactly have a family, and we all worry about how the rest of mine would react. We decided to keep it small, super small. It'll mainly be my mom, bar friends, Kensuke, Hasekura, and some others from their friend group. It's not much, but it's all that we need. Actually, we don't even need a wedding. We both already know how much we love one another. Wedding or not, we would still be together til death do us part. It's still nice though, for it to be official. For him to have a wedding ring to go with the engagement one. As if I'm leaving my mark on him. He's taken. He's mine.

I'm getting jealous over nothing again.

Yet, how could I not be. With his looks and personality, it's easy for anyone to adore him. The way that he's grown from the kid he once was is amazing. When I look at him, I sometimes wonder if it's the same boy who I found randomly in my home on night. He's grown and I love him so fucking much. I'll love him, til death do us part.

———————————————————————
So...I'm not dead. There's been so much on my plate it's insane. For my creative writing class I had to write a five to ten page fictional story which ended up to be over 2,000 words. I've been so drained but also feeling so bad for not writing more. I love this story so much, but free time for me is nonexistent. Also I find it interesting how I posted the last chapter without and note and you all were wondering if I was alright. I found it super sweet of you guys that you cared more about my mental health than me posting. I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. My ribs are still a pain in the side (insert drum pun sound effect), but it's not as bad as it once was. My sleeping habits are still as crappy as usual but it's fine. I've been struggling with balancing my social and educational life but am getting by by the skin of my teeth. I tried to make this chapter a bit longer as a thank you all for waiting. I will try to post a bit more but I can't promise anything. Thank you so much for all of your understanding!!

~🐝