Crash

TW: MENTIONS OF PTSD, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, R@APE, CAR ACCIDENT, AND HOSPITALS

Snow still sleeps on the ground below my feet as I walk alongside Kensuke since Kousuke had to stay after for a meeting. It should be over in a half hour and he was complaining about it all of last night. He said that he doesn't like some of the other teachers that'll be present at the meeting, but it wasn't like he had any other choice than to attend. I remember him saying how some teachers don't like his teaching style, he wants the students to feel comfortable around him and to not view him as a higher up. Understandable, since respect goes both ways. If he respects them, then they'll respect him. Although I've never admit it, I'm sometimes jealous that a lot of the female students develop crushes on him. He tells me about everyone of them because neither of us want to hide anything from each other. Yet, it still gets on my nerves, how easily they can flirt and come on to him. I'm not the type to be jealous, plus I know that he wouldn't do anything, but that doesn't seem to be the way my anxiety is working.

Ever since the incident, I've been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and PTSD. However, it was determined that all of those had been existing before the incident, but the event brought out more of it, causing it to become clearer. I've been talking to a therapist who believes that it could've come about from the emotional and physical abuse my mother placed upon me. Talking about it has really helped, more than I thought it would. I'm slowly recovering from everything, it'll take a while, but I'm willing to keep going.

I was cooking in the kitchen while Kensuke was playing a game in the living room. It'd be an hour since we left the school. At first I figured he was just driving carefully because of the snow. He had said that he'd be driving today because he wanted to stop at the pet shop and get some food for Shigeo and Sasa. I thought nothing of it. The house phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello Ohshiba resistance"

"Masahiro" it was Ms. Ohshiba.

"Ms. Ohshiba, is everything alright?"

"It's Kousuke, he picked me up from work b-but he got into an accident outside the work place" her voice was shaken.

I fell silent.

"Masahiro?"

"Give me an hour, at most" was all I said before hanging up.

I grabbed my coat and tried my shoes on quickly. Kensuke was confused as to why I was rushing, but all I said was that Kousuke was in the hospital. I ran out the door in the freezing cold and kept running. My breath was running out, luckily Asaya pulled up in what I'm assuming was his car with Ken in the passenger seat and told me to get in. I sat in the back as he drove to the hospital. I ran into the building and asked the receptionist for a room number after claiming myself to be a family friend.

"Mr. Ohshiba is in room 432 Mr. Setagawa"

Which quick footsteps I arrive at the room. Ms. Ohshiba was sitting in on of the hospital chairs while Kou was in a bed. She saw me rush into the room and stood up to hug me. I just stood there, shocked and it was written all over my face.

"The doctor said that he should wake up within a few days"

"Days?!?"

"Calm down dear. Other than that he has a couple of broken rips, a fractured ankle, and a dislocated shoulder. He was one of the more minor cases" she said.

I guess I should be glad that he's not seriously injured. The fact that he's unconscious is from the impact, and the doctors don't know if he brain comprehends that his body is in this state, so it could take time for it to realize the situation before it wakes up the rest of the body. No more than two weeks is the time line for it to take. Than after he's awake, they'd want to keep him under examination for some more time. By this time everyone is in the hospital room, hearing everything the professional has to say who exists after giving us the information.

"We'll have to call the school to let them know" Ms. Ohshiba said, pulling her smart phone from her purse.

"I'll stay with Kousuke until he wakes up"

"But Mom, you have that huge project for work to finish"

"I'll stay" I spoke up

"But you'll miss school, I'll stay" Kenny said.

"No, I think it makes perfect sense for Setagawa to stay" Asaya said, surprising everyone.

"Think about it, when he wakes up who'd he want to see more than anything? His mom, little brother, or his lover?"

"I guess you have a point" Kensuke said holding his head down.

Ms. Ohshiba agreed and said that she'd make dinner for the time being. Gosh do I feel bad for them. Once they left, I moved the hospital chairs in the room together to form a fake bed so I had something to try and sleep on. This is the start of a long few days.

Don't worry Kou, I won't leave. Not until you're awake. I'll stay with you, forever. I love you.

I pecked his head and laid down on my makeshift bed knowing I wouldn't get any sleep, but if it's for him, there's nothing I wouldn't do.