Ice Cream

"Kou" I said grabbing the attention of my partner.

"Yeah?" He replied, eyes still on the road.

"Can we at the ice cream parlor over there?" I asked and pointed to a red and white stripped building out the window.

"Sure" He replied.

Once we got there, Kousuke parked the car and we both got out. The parlor was small, but had a huge section. I ordered a two scope strawberry ice cream on a cone and Kousuke got a single scope of coffee with chocolate syrup. We go back out to the car and pop the trunk. We sit in the trunk (since it was leveled) and watch as the sunsets while we eat our deserts.

"I'm sorry that our date was a bit of a fail" Kou said.

"What're you talking about?"

"The aquarium. We were supposed to go there and have a fun time."

"Kousuke, I don't need any big event to be considered a date. I don't even need to leave the house to enjoy my time with you. Every second with you is golden." I said, realizing that it was a fair bit cheesy

He kissed my head and smiled at me.

We finished our ice cream and started back on the road home. When we got back everyone had already gone to bed, including the animals. I walk into our room and turn on a light as Kou follows not far behind me. There's a package on our bed addressed to me, I don't remember what I could have ordered. I opened it up to reveal a small ring I had ordered.

"What's in to box?"

"Nothing!" I said hiding it behind my back.

"Come on, let me see" he said reaching for the box from behind me.

"You'll find out soon. I promise."

"Fine." He said jokingly rolling his eyes.

"I'm going to go take a shower." He kissed the top of head and grabbed some clothes before heading into the bathroom.

Kousuke has done so much for me and I wanted to do something just as nice for him. What he doesn't know is that during the time I was working, I was saving up to by him a ring. I know he already preposed to me, but I want him to know that I mean what I said when I said yes to him. My idea is to prepose to him. I want him to feel just as loved and wanted as I did that day. I love him unconditionally and I'd do everything in my power to let him know that.

I place the ring box under some old clothes in my drawer of our shared dresser. I'm not sure when the right time will come, but I know that it'll come. I couldn't stop thinking about it, and now that it's in my hands, I have no idea how I'll do it. It'll have to be somewhere private, but where? If I keep thinking about it I'll be driven crazy, screw it, I'll do it tonight. As I said, there's no need to make it a huge deal. I dig the ring box out and hold it behind my back, waiting for him to return.

"Masa, I'm out if you want to go shower." Kou said walking into our room in loss clothing.

"Kousuke, I need to tell you something."

"Of course, is everything alright?"

"More than alright. You've made me the happiest I have been and I don't want it to ever stop. You were the first person to show me unconditional love and I am extremally grateful for everything. I've wanted to do this for months, but kept pushing it off. Adding to my cart than taking it out. Eventually, I finally gained the confidence to do it. I don't want to wait, I don't want to push it off any longer. I know you already did this, but I want you to feel just as loved as I did that day."

"Masa, what are you-?"

"Will you marry me?" I held the open box out in front of me.

Why am I so nervous about this? My eyes were closed and suddenly I felt his arms wrapped around me tightly.

"Absolutely, I'd marry you a thousand times. I love you so much."

"I love you too." I said.

He took the ring from the box and placed it on top of the ring he already had on his finger. He gave me a peck on the lips and suggested cuddles. I told him I had to shower, but that once I was clean we could cuddle as much as he wanted. After I showered, I put on some of his old close and entered our room.

"You look adorable." He said as soon as he saw me.

"Thanks." I replied shyly.

We fell asleep in each others arms. Although today didn't go as planned, it was amazing. I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives look like.