chapter fourteen

(if you want a visual of Nephera's costume, it's this ^ minus the fishnets) (or with the fishnets whatever you want to imagine lmao) 

October 31st – Room Of Requirement

Nephera was in Ellie's dorm, the both of them getting ready for the Halloween Party thrown by the marauders that evening. The brunette rarely got ready with other people, but today she didn't have the energy to deal with her dorm mate's sly comments and pathetic attempts at insulting her. Ellie's roommates, although slightly wary of Nephera, didn't say anything, simply avoiding the two girls and trusting Ellie's decision-making.

She couldn't help but notice the differences between the Hufflepuff common room and dorms and the Slytherin ones. The Hufflepuff common room was warm and had a safe feeling to it. Cozy couches, large armchairs, and fluffy blankets adorned the corners of the room, painting it in bright colors. The Slytherin common room, however, was dark, and cold, composed of expensive, leather couches and formal armchairs donated by Slytherin alumni. Nephera didn't mind, however, she liked the cold and borderline dangerous feeling of her common room, it felt strangely familiar to her.

"Neph, I need help with my hair," muttered Ellie

The Slytherin muttered a small noise of approval and exited the bathroom, only to smile slyly when she saw what her friend was dressed as "An angel? Really?"

"Why not?"

"Nothing, suits you, is all," Ellie smiled at the compliment, even if it did have a slight bite behind it

"A pirate?" asked Ellie, raising an eyebrow

"It was a last-minute idea, and I look good," replied the brunette, picking up her wand and casting charms over her friends' hair

"You always look good. Where did you even learn all these?" she asked, wondering about where the girl had learned so many spells concerning hair and makeup

"A combination of pureblood balls and my mother," mused the brunette

Finishing Ellie's hair, Nephera then moved on to herself. Looking at the mirror, she decided to charm her hair into soft waves, instead of her usual straight look. She felt slightly uncomfortable with it, her hair was quite short, only reaching her shoulders, so it was even shorter now than it was wavy.

Her waist was accentuated by the corset she wore, the white dress shirt flailing above it. Her legs were bare only covered by the ruffly red skirt she wore and her boots. Her lips were also painted red, and her eyes were lined with black and grey. Nephera never really wore red, the color being heavily scrutinized by purebloods because of its association with the house of lions, so she never really cared for it. Seeing it on her now, she couldn't deny that she looked good.

Leaving the dorm, they headed outside the common room to find Tony and Remus waiting for them, the latter having a hand over the former's shoulders.

"Looking good ladies," said Tony, wolf-whistling jokingly

"A wolf, Remus, really?" teased Ellie, as Nephera eyed his costume carefully

It was a grey, checkered pair of slacks with a white button-up, the first two buttons of which were popped open. On his head, there was a pair of grey fully ears, similar to that of a wolf.

"The lads had the genius idea to dress as our ani- patronuses. They're very hard people to say no to,"

"Well, I think you look great Rem," said Tony, standing on his toes to plant a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek, the werewolf grinning softly at the gesture

Tony was dressed in plain, black pants with a white dress shirt. His hair was charmed to appear green, and his face was painted so pale, it almost appeared white.