chapter forty-five

April 24th - Astronomy Tower

It was a nice April afternoon, warm, with a light breeze blowing around, and the Slytherin decided to head up to the astronomy tower, needing some moments alone.

Tony had been ignoring her after their small conversation at potions, not that she was making any effort to talk to him either. He was being stubborn, but then again, so was she. He wasn't the only one worried about her, all her friends were, and yet no one had reacted that way.

What the Ravenclaw didn't, or rather couldn't understand was that she needed to do this. She needed to be part of the war, to fight against Voldemort, in order to make up for all the damage her father had caused while being part of his inner circle.

"Winchester," she heard Lily's voice from the door

Judging by her tone, it was a statement, not a question, meaning that the redhead had meant to find her, and it was not an accident.

"I'm assuming you're here on someone's request," mused the Slytherin disinterestedly, and Lily let out a small laugh

"I am, actually," she replied, taking a seat on the floor next to the brunette "You need to talk to Tony,"

"Tony needs to talk to me,"

Lily rolled her eyes, this was going to be much more difficult than she thought, "You both need to talk to each other," she stated firmly "It's driving everyone crazy. I know what he said was completely unfair, and untrue, but you have to understand where he was coming from,"

"Can he understand where I'm coming from?"

"He can if you talked about it," retorted the Gryffindor hopefully "Come on, please,"

Nephera snorted at the use of the word. Growing up, it was largely frowned upon by her parents.

A Winchester doesn't plead, they demand.

That's what her mother used to say, and that attitude had remained with Nephera all the way up to that point in her life.

"What's it to you, anyway? And who asked you to find me?"

"James," she replied truthfully "And Ellie, and Remus, and Peter," she continued

Nephera frowned when she didn't hear Sirius's name. The boy had been avoiding her ever since the night of the full moon, for reasons unknown to her. It was as though they had returned back to the start of term, where they would barely acknowledge each others' presence in favor of not getting into another argument.

"Look, you can tell them that I'm waiting for Tony to come to speak to me, he's the one that's at fault, anyways,"

The redhead took in a deep breath, knowing that what she was about to say would probably end up with her getting chucked from the tower, "Not all of it. You have to understand how worried we all where-"

"We?"

"Yes, myself included. You disappeared for four days, Dumbledore wouldn't tell us anything, it was hell. I don't think I've ever seen James more stressed," she breathed "Just- there's a war, and anything could happen any moment, you don't want to lose time arguing. I'm not saying you should forgive him immediately, but at lest hear him out,"

"He doesn't want to be heard out, or else he would've come talk to me," snapped back the girl "I've had this conversation too many times over the past days, alright? You lot aren't the only ones going through something. I've got Tony, Avery who's essentially been hunting around the school for me, the question of Voldemort and whatever the fuck he's planning-"