chapter one hundred and thirty-seven

September 27th - Nephera's home 

Sirius had to leave early for an Auror job, meaning that his witch had woken up as well, and was then unable to fall asleep since the bed felt oddly cold without him there. So that's how she found herself walking through the village, letting the cold September air bite into her skin as she walked towards the small café she and Sirius would always have breakfast at. 

Despite it being a safe mission, simply observing Borgin and Burke's for any more Death Eaters entering and exiting, she still found herself worried about him. Entering the café, she shook her head, telling herself that she'd see him in the Order meeting tonight. 

The plan was simple, really. She'd used the Tenebris wand to send a message to everyone in the Order- barring Dumbledore- to meet at the Burrow that day. She had a plan considering the vanishing cabinet, and she had a plan considering Dumbledore. She knew the old wizard would be furious once he found out that she'd taken the initiative to call a meeting, especially without telling him, and she was counting on that. 

She was counting on Dumbledore showing up, storming into the place, and confronting her. She'd force him to expose his worst self in front of everyone, and she couldn't wait for it. 

"Goodmorning, Nephera," smiled Julie, the owner of the café, "Sirius isn't awake yet?" 

Never, in her entire life, would the Slytherin have thought that she'd enjoy living in some kind of fairytale cottage in a pretty, muggle village on the North of England. No, she'd always seen herself as someone living in Diagon Alley, or even muggle London, but still in the center of everything. 

Still, it was once again proved that the wizard knew her better than she knew herself, for she was incredibly content sitting right next to the window, watching the slight haze roll over the village from the direction of the cliff, where the sea could be seen, "He had to go into work early," she explained, looking down at the watch on her wrist, "And I have to be there in about an hour too, so-"

 "Black coffee, I know," smiled Julie, moving to complete the Order, "You really should eat breakfast, most important meal of the day," 

The brunette laughed, "You sound like a friend of mine," she mused, "And as I've told him many times before, I'm never hungry this early in the morning," 

"Are you also not cold this early in the morning?" asked Julie, setting her coffee down in front of her, "You really should start wearing thicker clothes," 

The girl smiled at the slightly older woman's words, for it reminded her of Euphemia slightly. Julie was in her early thirties and was a warm presence in the otherwise cold village, her café providing a meeting spot for people of all ages. 

Just like the group of teens who were hiding in the back, skipping school. Nephera scoffed at them, for there was no way Julie or, even worse, their parents, wouldn't see them, "You kids can't skip any longer," reprimanded the owner, although the smile on her face told Nephera that she hardly cared 

"Oh come on Mrs. Kildarne, there's a chemistry test this morning none of us want to take," 

Julie placed a plate of scones in front of them, "Last time, it's only the third week," 

The witch in the room watched the interaction between the muggles, and wondered what it would be like growing up there. Getting to go home after school, instead of simply having a dormitory, having the option to privacy instead of being surrounded by people watching and judging her all day. 

She loved Hogwarts, it was her home, her escape from her father, and the abuse she suffered from, but sometimes, the lack of privacy would get suffocating.