chapter one hundred and seventeen

April 24th - Courtyard 

It was one of those rare days when it came to the Scottish weather when the sun was shining and there was a cool breeze around the grounds. Nephera and Remus, having ditched the other marauders, were sitting on a shady part of the edge of the Black Lake were finally able to enjoy some of the peace and quiet, "We really should be in class right now," said the werewolf, passing the weed over to the girl after taking a hit himself 

"It's Minnie, and we're her best students, she won't give us detention for ditching," replied the girl, leaning back and observing the clouds in the sky 

"You mean she won't give you detention," countered the werewolf, "The lads and I are still serving the one from April Fools, can't believe Slughorn let you off so easily," 

The Slytherin laughed at that, "Only three afternoons of sorting out his potions stock room, guilt-tripping always works," 

The conversation flowed between them easily, as the two teens relaxed under the sun. The past few days had been awfully kind to both of them, the full moon was relatively calm, James had won the match against Hufflepuff, making him happy, and there was no news of Voldemort. 

There was, however, one thing that was still bugging Nephera, and it was none other than Roweena's diadem-Voldemort's Horcrux- that was hidden in the Room of Requirement. They needed someone who could speak in Parseltongue to destroy it, and even then, she wasn't sure the Basilisk Venom would work. 

Still, she didn't want to ruin her day, nor did she want to go down the spiral of questions she typically went down on whenever she was dealing with one of Voldemort's plans, "Have you been to see the house Sirius bought for you?" asked Remus, "After it was furnished and all?" 

"No, I've only seen it once when he surprised me," the girl sighed, "It's beautiful there, Rem, I always thought I'd like to live in Diagon Alley, be in the center of everything, but that village is just perfect,"

"And safer," pointed out the werewolf 

"Yeah, and safer," mumbled Nephera 

Remus took a moment to look over the brunette laying down on the grass next to him. They all knew that her going into hiding would be the safest option out of all of them, but they also knew that there was no way Nephera would do that. It annoyed her to have to look over her shoulder constantly, so the boy quickly shifted the conversation, "You sure you two can live in a muggle village without giving yourselves away?" 

The Slytherin did ease up at that, letting out a small laugh, "It won't be easy, but it'll definitely be interesting," she mused, "Besides, I've always loved being near the sea, even though I never was allowed to go in it as a child," 

Remus opened his mouth to respond, but before he could utter a single word, two strong arms wrapped around Nephera and picked her up, the girl letting out a loud shriek, "Sirius Black I will hex you if you ever do that again!" she yelled, trying to wiggle out of his hold 

"Don't get your wand in a knot, Nephie," mused James, plopping down on the grass next to Remus as Sirius let her down and sat next to her, allowing the girl to lean on him, "We weren't the ones skipping Transfiguration to engage in illegal activities," 

Peter scoffed, "Minnie felt positively betrayed," 

"Whatever," grumbled the werewolf, "We were having a good time before you lot showed up," 

James and Sirius, in true fashion, gasped and placed a hand on their chests simultaneously, "How dare you, Moony," exclaimed Sirius, "We happen to be really fun to be around,"