chapter fifty-seven

June 23rd - Ellie's home 

Tony woke up earlier than he would've liked, but the sunlight creeping in through the windows was hard to ignore. It baffled him how Remus managed to stay asleep, but then again, the werewolf seemed to fall in a coma every time he closed his eyes, so it really should be expected. 

Judging by the silence in the house, he figured he was the only one awake. The Ravenclaw didn't particularly mind that, the silence was a rarity given that there were so many rowdy teenagers living in it at the moment. 

Walking downstairs, however, he was surprised to see Sirius sitting in the kitchen, clutching a cup of coffee and with a grocery bag next to him. 

"You're up early," pointed out Tony, pouring some coffee himself 

"Woke up, couldn't fall back asleep" replied the boy 

Sirius didn't exactly lie, what he neglected to mention was that he was woken up by a nightmare at three in the morning, and was too scared to fall asleep. It was a good thing he was sleeping outside, he thought, or else he probably would've woken up the entire house. 

"You went shopping?" 

Tony wished he could've been there to see the pureblood try to make his way around a muggle grocery store, for the thought alone was enough to make a small laugh bubble through his throat. 

"I went for a walk, I saw some pomegranante through the glass, figured Nephera would like some," he shrugged 

The other boy raised an eyebrow, not used to seeing such softness come from Sirius, "And you managed to find your way around muggle money?" 

Sirius shot him a look, "Uh, not exactly..." 

"Wait, did you steal this?" 

"I didn't mean to!" he rushed to justify his actions "It's just, I got to paying station, and the lady was eyeing me weirdly... And then there was this old guy behind me, who was also looking at me weirdly... And why the bloody hell do they make it so stressful?" 

"So what exactly did you do?" asked Tony, a hint of amusement in his voice 

"I confounded the both of them, made them think I payed and then left one of those 50s or whatever they are on the counter and ran," he sighed, laughing at his actions "But Nephera has her bloody fruit, so it's all good," 

Tony shook his head, "Merlin, you're whipped," 

"What- Oh come on! Just because I want to do something nice for a friend-" 

James walked into the kitchen at that moment, an early riser as always, "What did Pads do?" 

"Confunded two people and then payed fifty pounds for fruit for Neph," replied Tony nonchalantly 

The curly-haired Gryffindor let out a snort, "Oh yeah, 'just friends' my ass," 

Sirius let out a mumbled line of swears, but other than that, said nothing in return. He knew James, and there was no way he would be changing his brother's mind on this. 

One by one, everyone else woke up, and took their turns mocking the raven-haired boy for his obvious crush on the girl. Eventually, they grew tired of that, much to Sirius's relief, and they switched to talking about Quidditch, something James, Marlene, Tony, and Ellie were very happy about. 

"Who's that out there?" asked Peter, pointing towards the beach, and someone who was resting on a paddleboard and looking towards the house 

"I don't know," answered Ellie, squinting to get a better look at him