chapter one hundred and eighteen

April 30th - Muggle London 

Regulus Black had been talking to Ella Rusek almost every day, sneaking off to Hogsmeade to use the phone in the Hog's Head. Thankfully for him, the remaining Death Eaters in school were all too busy with their NEWTs, since they were in their final year, to notice his absence from the common room. 

That's how he found himself in front of Ella's apartment complex that Sunday, wearing some clothes he had borrowed from Sirius, to make him appear more muggle. He did indeed have to go through the humiliation of asking his brother for them, and then have to endure all the marauders teasing, but it appeared as though Sirius knew what he was doing, for he no longer stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the other people walking around. 

He did feel slightly uncomfortable wearing Sirius's jeans, and a long-sleeved shirt that was too casual for Regulus's liking, but he assumed that showing up in what he wore around Grimmauld Place wouldn't exactly be appropriate. 

Checking his watch, he furrowed his eyebrows once he saw the time. He and Ella had agreed to meet under her apartment at eleven, and it was now ten past and the girl had yet to come down. Guilt and doubt started to fill him, wondering if maybe the girl had realized that she had better things to do, but then he heard the door open, "Sorry I'm late, I couldn't find the cat and I was worried she'd run off," 

Letting out a relieved sigh, the boy shook his head, "No worries," he said hurriedly, "I hope you don't think I'm too forward, coming here, that is, but I finished the book and I wanted to return it," 

"Don't worry, you're not forward at all Mr. Posh man," teased the girl, "Besides, anyone who sneaks out of their school in Scotland and travels back to London to see me is definitely worth my time," 

"Believe me, the trip was easier than you think," joked the boy with himself, thinking about apparition 

Ella led them down a busy street, Regulus following just a beat behind her as he didn't know his way around, "You look different today," she commented, looking at him from the side of her eye 

"Oh yeah, I borrowed some clothes from my brother, actually, figured they'd make me blend in better," 

The girl led them to a nearby park, and they both sat down on one of the benches, letting the sun hit their faces, "I didn't know you had a brother," replied the girl, twisting around so she was facing him, "Is he going into politics as well?" 

Ella had realized from the very first moment that the subject of family was a sore one from Regulus, especially since apparently, his father was forcing him into a career he didn't want. However, she felt as though Regulus was keeping something from her, something big, and she wanted to find out what. 

Of course, she didn't blame him. They hardly knew each other, and it's not like she had already told him everything private about her life. Luckily for her, the boy didn't seem to mind her prying, "No, no, Sirius, he got out of it all much earlier than me," explained the wizard 

"How come?" 

Regulus, for once in his life, did not mind thinking back to the year when Sirius ran away from home, "He ran away, quite literally, when he was sixteen, to one of his friends' houses. It put a strain on our relationship for a bit but we've mended it recently," 

The girl did not miss the small smile on his face when he said that last phrase, "That's good to hear," she smiled, "And no siblings have a perfect relationship, anyways. My brother and I fight more than we hold actually conversations," 

Regulus couldn't help but snort at that, "Sirius and I wouldn't even talk to each other at some point. He uh, he thought I was too similar to their parents, that I believed what they believed in,"