chapter fifty-nine

June 24th - Undisclosed Location 

The room was dark and cold, although Thomas figured the cold was less because of the room itself, and more about who was in it. 

Lord Voldemort himself, sitting at the head of the long, mahogany table, with Bellatrix Lestrange, his second in command sitting to his right, and Antonin Dolohov, Thomas's brother, sitting to his left. 

Bellatrix, as always, had the same crazed glint in her eyes, and the youngest Dolohov gulped, knowing that she was probably hoping he had messed up somehow, so she would be allowed to kill him. 

"Tell me, Thomas," came the slow and steady voice of Voldemort, echoing through the long room and reaching the other end of the table, where the boy was sitting, "Was the mission a success?" 

"It was, my Lord," he answered, trying to muster up the steadiest tone he could 

"And are you sure she did not realize who you were?" 

"Certain, sir. After all, she's a woman, flash her a nice smile and-" 

He stopped talking the second he saw the look in Voldemort's eyes, the cold glance making him shrink in his seat, "I believe that both your brother and Lucius warned you about her. She is not just a girl, do not be naive. Now, I ask again, are you certain she did not find out who you are?" 

"Yes, my Lord." his voice shook despite his better efforts 

Upon hearing the break in the boy's voice, Ballatrix let out a shrill laugh, a cold, hollow sound that surely gave Demontors a run for their money, but Voldemort silenced her with the raise of a hand. 

"And what did you find out?" 

"The place they were staying at, it was a rental. They are only renting it for the week, she told me she didn't know where the rest of her friends live but were wrong- forgive me, your information was wrong about the Black boy, they aren't as close as they seem," 

Voldemort felt the cogs in his brain begin to work, "She told you she doesn't know where the rest of them live?" 

Antonin Dolohov spoke up, wanting to contribute, "That makes sense, if the information we have gotten from Lestrange is correct, sir. She and the Gryffindors weren't friends until this year," 

The Dark Lord nodded, and looked back at the youngest Dolohov, "You did well, Thomas," 

"My-my Lord, if I may?" he asked, "Why not just grab her now that we know where she is?" 

"Because, Thomas, this war is nothing but a large game of chess, and Nephera Winchester is quickly proving herself to be the most dangerous piece in the board." 

A moment of silence ensued, in which Tom surveyed his Death Eater's reactions, "We need to use her to our advantage, killing her will simply not be enough," 

A couple of hundred miles from there, Ellie's home was quiet and Dark at the early hours of the morning. The group of teens were able to finally breathe now that they knew Dolohov was gone, and there were no other Death Eaters in the vicinity. 

They had all, especially Sirius, urged her to write to Dumbledore or Moody about what had happened, but she declined. After all, they didn't find out anything they didn't already know, Voldemort had a plan for her, and if he wanted to play games and try to deceive her, well, Nephera was more than happy to beat him at every round. 

Only two people weren't sleeping, the first one because she had just woken up by another one of her nightmares, and the second because he wasn't able to sleep in the first place.