chapter one hundred and ten

April 7th - Rivendell 

Tom Riddle did not like the fact that Nephera WInchester was alone with Lady Galadriel at the moment. The girl was dangerous, more so with her words and conviction skills than with a wand, and it was not a good sign that the High Lady wanted to talk to her privately so early after meeting her. 

He knew it was a long shot, getting the Fae on his side and getting them to involve themselves into wizarding affairs, but he had hoped that reminding them of their poor mistreatment by muggles would've worked. And it would have, had the elusive witch not shown up. 

Every point he made during Lunch, she countered with an even stronger argument, to the point where it was getting hard to keep up after a while. He had the short end of the stick, he supposed. After all, it was easier to convince someone to keep doing what they've been doing for the past centuries, rather than to make them join a war. 

However, Tom had interacted enough with the girl to know how she worked, and to know that she always had a plan that only she was aware of. A plan that more often than not, worked. 

So, even if Dumbledore had sent her here to ensure that the fae would remain neutral and out of wizarding politics, Nephera had a different agenda. The girl would most certainly try and get the three powerful beings on her side.

Not Dumbledore's side, not the Order's- Hers, screamed his mind. 

A smirk came onto his face when he realized that their hosts would not quite appreciate being lied to, something that he planned on using to his advantage, quite soon it would seem as well. 

"Tom," announced Lord Lucien, walking into the upper floor balcony of the North Tower, "I am pleased to see you alone, I was hoping for a private moment for us to converse," 

The Dark Lord turned around swiftly at the intrusion, and bowed his head out of respect. It pained him to do so, to bow, it hurt his pride deeply, but, there was ettiquette to be followed, "So have I," he said, "Although I must admit that after Lady Galadriel's invitation to Winchester, I thought I would not get such an opportunity," 

Lord Lucien smiled in an understand way, "The High Lady has been fascinated by the girl for years. I, not so much," 

Now this, this got Voldemorts' attention, "Fascinated how?" 

"I am sure you have seen first-hand that Nephera is no ordinary teen," explained the Fae, and the wizard fought the urge to roll his eyes, "She is smart, resilient, determined, and she has a way of making anyone do her bidding. I must say, at the early stages of her life I was quite interested in her myself, in what she could do," 

Riddle kept his expression neutral, despite his growing confusion, "And now?" he asked tentatively 

"She would've been perfect, the ideal weapon for the Dark Side, the ideal fighter to the domination of wizards over muggles," spoke Lucien, "Until Hogwarts, of course. Until the Hufflepuff and the Ravenclaw, they changed her, and not for the better," 

Tom smirked, knowing where this was going, "You support my side," he stated, practically tasting the power that this alliance could give him 

"I do," replied Lucien, "However, that is not enough. The Fae are a democratic people. Tomorrow, we will be meeting with the Council of Elders, and you will need a majority vote. The girl already has Lady Galadriel on her side, but Lord Elrond is still on the fence," 

"We will need a plan, then, and fast," replied the wizard assertively 

Lucien shook his head, the action elegant even if it was haste, "There is nothing more that you can do, you must leave it up to me,"