chapter eighty-six

(this ^ is the dress i imagine her wearing lmao)

December 25th - Potter Estate 

It was Christmas morning and James had, once again, woken up before everyone else. Normally, he could manage the few hours of solitude, he'd typically fly around a bit and then settle in for breakfast while reading the prophet. 

That day, however, his excitement was too much to contain and so he rushed out of his room and into the next one, essentially falling right on top of Sirius and Nephera. 

"Happy Christmas!" he yelled, effectively waking up both teens as well as Crookshanks, who was sleeping next to the girl

Nephera grumbled, pulling one of the pillows over her head, "Go away," she whined 

"It's Christmas morning! Come on!" said the curly-haired boy again 

Sirius attempted to shove him away, missing the feeling of his girlfriend next to him, but to no avail, "It'll be Christmas morning in three hours too, Prongs," he grumbled 

It had not been a nice night for the raven-haired boy. He had essentially been replaced by the orange ball of fluff Nephera had brought home, and the cat had drawn all of Nephera's attention away from him and to her. 

"Alright then," sighed James, "Just know that you've forced me to do this," 

With a flick of his wand, two jets of water appeared from thin air and drenched the two other teens on the bed. They both woke up with a gasp, shooting up and rubbing their eyes, trying to get the water out of them as Crookshanks let out a loud mewl in protest. 

"You're dead, Potter," seethed Nephra, moving to stand up 

"I have a peace offering!" said the boy quickly, placing a hand in the pocket of his jumper and pulling out a brown paper bag, "Sario, bought it off of a bloke in Diagon Alley," 

Sario was something like the magical counterpart of weed, only much stronger. On top of making someone relax to the point where they felt as though they were floating in mid-air, they also made people hallucinate slightly, altering reality and leading to some very funny memories. The Slytherin wondered how the boy even got his hands on it, for magical drugs were extremely rare and expensive, but she thought it best not to ask for any clarifications. 

"Now you're talking," grinned Sirius, pulling some rolling papers from his bedside table, but the other boy stopped him 

James pulled the bag back, "No, we're not doing this yet. Wormtail told me about this thing muggles do, where they bake it into brownies and cakes and stuff," 

Nephera caught on to what the boy was saying, "Isn't Mia making brownies downstairs?" she smirked 

"My thoughts exactly," grinned the boy, "Now come on, up you get, we've got to slip this into one of the trays before she puts them in the oven," 

Sirius stood up and he and James walked towards the door, but they turned around once they saw Nephera hadn't moved yet, "Well, get out so I can get ready," 

"No, my love, Christmas here means pajamas all morning until the guests arrive, now come on," 

The girl did no such thing. She slept in one of Sirius's old jumpers with no pants underneath, and she doubted that was appropriate attire to wear out in public, even if the shirt reached her mid-thigh. However, she was given no choice as Sirius pulled her up from the ed, throwing her over his shoulder and taking her to the bathroom to brush their teeth. 

Crookshanks obediently followed after them, leaving James to go downstairs, "You look really fucking good in my clothes, you know," groaned Sirius through a mouth full of toothpaste