chapter one hundred and nine

April 7th - Rivendell 

"How is that you are everywhere?" asked Voldemort, his hand inching towards his robe pocket, where Nephera was certain he had his wand

Seeing her in front of him, in all her arrogance and intellect angered the Dark Lord like nothing else in the world. Nephera Winchester had proven herself time and time again to be smart, very smart, and he couldn't risk having her there and intervening in the alliance he was wishing to strike with the Fae. What made him even angrier, however, was the fact that, as much as he wanted to, he couldn't whip out his wand and start throwing curses.

The Fae were a higher people, ones that valued diplomacy over dueling, and he had to show them that he too could contest with them, play at their level. Not to mention, that apparently Nephera was there at their request, and he doubted that the High Lords and Lady would want their guest dead before dinner.

One look at the brunette's enraged expression told him that she was thinking of the exact same thing and that she too was itching to make him suffer, but couldn't.

No, instead, she simply smirked, masking her true feelings behind the same mask of confidence she always wore, "What can I say, Tom, it's a special talent of mine," she snarked, and then turned towards Lady Galadriel, "Forgive me, my Lady, and I mean no disrespect no do I mean to cross any lines, but I was hoping for a private audience between Fae and wizardkind, true wizardkind, not the disgrace standing before us all,"

The three High Fae did not get a chance to respond, for Riddle had stepped forward, willing the calmest expression he could onto his face, "I am Slytherins' heir, my Lords, and Lady, I believe you are familiar with him, and I believe that you will agree with me in saying that he was not a disgrace of a wizard,"

Shit, thought the girl, that was a smart card to play, one of the only ones he had, but a smart one nevertheless. Through her readings, she knew that one of the only times the Fae had intervened with wizarding issues were in the middle ages, where witches were being burned alive, and the three High Fae had fought valiantly on the side of Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin before Hogwarts was founded.

"We will converse during lunchtime," came the calm and steady voice of Lord Elrond, "But I warn you, we have no care for whatever grievances there are between you. While you reside in Rivendell for the next few days, you might be fighting for opposite causes, but you will make no move to attack or bring harm to each other,"

Not even Nephera was arrogant enough to argue with the High Fae, and so the two wizards shut their mouths and let the Fae servants lead them up to their rooms, which were located at the top of the left and the right tower. Voldemort supposed this was done on purpose, keeping their living quarters so far away from each other, as well as the soldiers positioned at each corner of the palace. It seemed as though the High Fae wanted to talk to them just as much as the two wizards did.

Much to their dismay, they were forced to walk side by side behind the three High Fae, and at that point, Nephera couldn't resist sending a wandless and wordless trip spell his way, making him fall flat on his face. Smirking, she continued walking innocently, taking in the sight around her, "Curious to see you here alone," mused Tom, "Almost as if Dumbledore knew I'd be here as well,"

If he couldn't harm her physically, then mentally would do the trick, and planting the seed of doubt in her head, making her think that she had fallen for one of Dumbledore's tricks and traps would be enough.

Obviously, the wizard had yet to understand that one cannot manipulate the manipulator, "A valiant effort, but not good enough," she spat, "We both know that if it were up to Dumbledore, it would not be me here, and I certainly wouldn't be alone."