✨Chapter 8✨

Mya felt wet while she was scanning and stocking at Walmart. "I need to stop thinking about that man beef cake.", she said in her head making her chuckle. She got a sharp cramp making her drop her gun and hold her stomach.

She went to the bathroom and see she started her period. It was so much blood that she went through her underwear and pants while she was walking to the bathroom. They are filled with so much

She called a girl she worked with and told her to tell her manager to come to the bathroom.

She explained what was going on and her manager told her she could leave and that she'll clock her out in 45 minutes cause that would've been her time.

After her manager left the bathroom she called Camille. She's so scared she's shaking . Her body and her voice.

Camille:Hello?
Mya:Hey what you doing?
Camille:Just made it to the airport.

She forgot she was leaving to Miami with her boo.

Camille:What's wrong?
Mya:I started my period at work. I'm good though I'm fenna call Big Dick Ray.

Camille laughed.

Camille:Okay imma text you when I land.
Mya:Okay safe travels love.
Camille:Thnks girly.

They hung up and Mya called Ray.

Ray:Speak.
Mya:Don't answer the phone like that.
Ray:My bad I ain't see who it was before I answered. You ready to be picked up?
Mya:I think I need to go to the hospital. I started my period but like, it's a lot. I'm scared.
Ray:Don't be I'm on my way. Do you need me to bring you some clothes?
Mya:Pleas my shit is full of blood.
Ray:Okay I'll be there in 5 minutes.
Mya:Okay.

...
Ray stopped a man in the store. "Aye excuse me, can I pay your daughter to take my girl some clothes in the bathroom? She got her monthly and need some clothes.", Ray said. He held up a blue face and a bag of clothes.

"I'm not a kid you coulda just asked me.", the girl said taking the money and bag.

"Her name Mya." She nodded before walking away.

"Put some pep in it Bre yo' ugly ass momma blowing me up!", the man shouted. She came out not even a minute later.

"She said she'll be out in a few minutes wait by the door for her."

"Thank you.", Ray said.

"No thank you." They walked away and Ray sat on the bench by the bathroom waiting on her.

About 10 minutes later Ray was tapped by Mya. He stood up and hugged her. "You good?", Ray asked kissing her head.

"I'm ready.", she said lowly. They left.

While they were driving Ray looked over at her and saw her bag a little open. He looked back at the road. He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. At the red light he looked in her bag again before looking up at Mya who was looking out the window.

Ray think she might have had a miscarriage cause of how much blood he saw and the fact that since his brothers party they been fucking raw. That's like a month now.

He wanna say something but he don't want to at the same time. "You want me to take you to the hospital right away if you wanna stop home first?", Ray asked Mya.

"Home.", she responded. Ray put his hand on her thigh and they drove in silence.

...

"When was your last period?", the doctor asked Mya. When Mya didn't answer Ray looked at her.

"Umm I'm not sure I think I was late this month. So last month.", Mya said.

"Okay. Have you been having unprotected sex since?"

"Just a couple times."

"Okay we're gonna draw some blood to see if we can rule out a miscarriage I'll be right back." Mya sat there thinking about how could she not realize she was late. She thinks Ray is gonna hate her if she lost his baby.

Ray sat there thinking about what's gonna happen between them if it is what he thought it was. He feel like he might not ever get her back after that.

They looked at each other at the same time. Mya looked away but Ray kept looking at her.

...

"You were about 3 weeks pregnant. Sometimes it happens for no reason at all and this is one of those times. We couldn't find any other reason. A nurse will be in shorty to discharge you and give you a few printouts. I'm sorry." The doctor touched Mya's hand before leaving.

They sat in silence.

...

Everything with Ray and Mya been silent since the hospital. They both don't know how to feel. They don't blame each other but they think each other do.

Ray pulled up to Mya's house and turned his car off. They sat there in silence. They both wanna say something but don't know what to say.

After a couple minutes Ray spoke up. "You ain't gotta go through this shit alone." Ray huffed and rubbed his right hand down his face. "Ion know if you blame me or not but ion blame you." They sat in silence.

"I don't blame you either.", Mya finally spoke up. Ray looked at her. "Yeah it's fucked up that we lost a baby but it's probably what's best. We ain't even together. We fuck, spend money, and sometimes sleep together that's it.", Mya said looking out the window.

Ray looked back straight and fell further into his seat. "Ion want it like that though. You don't believe me but I really fuck with you Mya. Like ion wanna play around no more. Shy i getting old." Ray pulled out all his phones and gave them to Mya. "Those all my phones go through them delete numbers block numbers I don't care. I just want you to see I'm all about you and I don't know how to make you see it. When I was 8 my momma told me imma meet a woman like water, strong enough to build me up and powerful enough to break me down and if she got a good heart keep her. I ain't pay attention at first but now I know." Mya looked at him. "We taking a trip." Ray started his car up.

"Wait now? I don't have clothes." Ray looked at her.

"Go pack I'll go pack too and come back to get you.", Ray said.

"How many days?", Mya asked.

"A week, or the city gone fall without me.", Ray said. Mya playfully rolled her eyes before opening her door. "I'll be back in 20." Mya nodded before going in the house.

...

Mya put on Heartbreak Anniversary as Ray parked the car. He took her to a cliff where you can see the sun rise. It's beautiful. Ray put a few covers over a bench and they sat down.

They sat in silence but they both thought of what their unborn baby could've been. Who would he or she ok like the most? Would they like basketball? Would they want mama or dada more? How would they're graduation have been? Would they go to college or get a job that doesn't require college like a firefighter or a cook?

Mya's eyes watered as she thought. She tried keeping it together but she couldn't. She broke down, she finally let it out.

Ray held her and rubbed her back. "We gone bounce back big baby, it's good be be ok.", Ray kissed her head.

Ray comforted her as the sun rose.