✨Chapter 23✨

Ray played with Imani making her laugh and giggle. It's the second day and he hasn't heard anything, he's nervous but he has to hide it.

While Ray was talking to Imani the bell rang. He isn't expecting anyone. Somebody started pounding on the door.

Ray laid Imani in her bouncer and put it next to the couch as whoever was at the door kept banging.

He grabbed his gun from under the couch and made his way to the front door as they continued to bang. "Boss it's Squeeze.", he heard from behind the door as he choked his gun. He swung the door open.

"Why the fuck you banging on my door like the fuckin' fed? Almost blew yo' shit back.", Ray said moving over letting him come in. Squeeze closed the door behind himself.

"I apologize boss, I just got some good news."

"Let me get my baby, I hid her behind the couch. You can come sit." Squeeze followed Ray to the front room and sat down as Ray got Imani from the side of the couch.

She was drifting off so Ray tried to go lay her down but she didn't want that the wanted to be in Ray's arms.

He ended up sitting in a chair. Imani laid on his chest and he softly covered her ears. "Speak.", Ray said to squeeze.

"We found out who had Mya and her cousin. They're being sold at midnight tonight. I got you in there they think you're  a local pimp. You go to the construction sight on Wells by 11:30 and tell one of the workers you'll see checkmate then they'll take you to a room. You'll be alone with just your money. When you see Mya just make sure you bid the most. You gotta keep going, keep going, keep going. The girls start at 50,000. After you but her they will bring her to your room and someone will escort y'all off the property. Just don't break character.", Squeeze explained. Ray took a deep breath taking everything in.

"You ever baby sat?" Squeeze look at Ray confused and shook his head.

"My momma love babies though."

"Bring her here at 10.", Ray said.

"Okay.", Squeeze nodded.

...

Mya sat in a chair numb as a girl did her makeup and hair. In 3 days she's been through more that she's been through her whole life.

She knows she's getting sold in a few hours, she knows this is it. She'll never see her loved ones again. She can't even cry though. She got no cry left. "Put this on.", a girl said handing Mya a dress. Mya put it on as she watched her. "Come." Mya followed the girl to a room, the room had other girls. She saw Camille and sat next to her. They looked at each other.

They grabbed hands and nodded at each other. They held hands tightly. They know this is most likely the last time they'll see each other. They knew this day was coming.

...

While Ray was putting money in a duffle bag his phone rang. He looked and saw it was Mike.

Ray:Speak.
Mike:Hey we're gonna raid the construction site tonight or tomorrow, if you plan on going don't. We're just waiting on a search warrant.
Ray:I can't wait on that.
Mike:If you're caught there you're gonna end up getting arrested Ray. People higher than me will be there.
Ray:I'm willing to take that risk.

Ray hung up the phone and continued putting money in his bag.

After two duffel bags were full of money he took them to the door. Right as he sat them down the door was knocked on. He looked and saw Squeeze and an older lady. He opened the door. The lady was in her 50s. She smiled and pulled Ray in for a hug before he could even say anything. Ray chuckled and hugged her back. "Demarcus told me so much about you, you're such I nice young man.", the lady said walking in. Squeeze looked at her with wide eyes.

"Come in, Demarcus.", Ray said stepping over. Squeeze entered looking at Ray weird.

"Oh this house is so beautiful."

"This is my momma Rosie.", Squeeze told Ray.

"Call me momma Rose.", Rosie said.

"Okay momma Rose, Imani is in the living room follow me." They followed Ray to Imani.

"Oh my God look at this precious chocolate baby.", she cooed as she picked up Imani. Imani just smiled. Momma Rose softly pinched her cheeks and just played with her. Ray smiled at the sight. Momma Rose reminds him so much of his momma. He can't help but smile.

...

Ray walked to the construction site with both bags. "Hey you can't be here! We're working!", a construction worker yelled walking up to Ray.

"Checkmate.", Ray said. The construction worked calmed down and smiled.

"Why you ain't just say that man? Follow me." Ray followed him behind a curtain. He led him to a room of men sectioned off. They're all facing a small stage. Ray took the last seat on the end. "Hit that button when you wanna bid. Highest big gets the girl. Simple shit. This is your room number." He gave Ray a piece of paper before leaving.

...

Mya was led somewhere with an oversized trench coat with a big hood. "Stand.", a man guiding her said. She stood still and the hood was taken off of her softly. Lights shined on her and she just saw a mirror.

She kept hearing buzzing but didn't know what it was. She had a feeling though. She covered her chest and let it happen.

After the last buzz went off they put the coat back on her and escorted her to a room.

Right after Mya Camille went.

...

Ray bought Mya for 50,000. He seen her cousin go up and started begging on her too.

He can't just leave her in there or let someone else get her. She knows how much she means to Mya. Plus if shit go left he know they'll need each other more than ever cause he'll be going away for a while.

Camille is at 90,000 now. Ray's getting a little nervous cause he's not sure exactly how much he has. He's hoping she doesn't go any higher. "Going once, going twice-" The announcer was cut off by a bell. "Can we get 100,000?" Ray hit his button and waited. "Going once, going twice, sold!" Ray kept the same expression but he's so relieved.

The men were led to rooms with me by one. When they mad it to their rooms men were waiting to collect payments.

Ray took 150,000 out his duffel bags and still had a few stacks left. He handed them the money and a few moments later two girls were escorted into his room with trench coats. He noticed their feet and knew it was them.

The three were escorted to Ray's rented cars. One of his goons are the drivers. "Hurry up 12 might be coming.", Ray said to his goon. He sped off.

Mya was caught off guard by the voice, so was Camille. They both slowly took their hoods off. Mya saw Ray in the front seat and one of his goons speeding the car. "Ray?", Mya asked with a crack in her voice. Ray looked back at her and smiled half way. She screamed and hugged him from the back.

"Mya?", Camille asked. Mya looked next to her and saw Camille. They looked at each other for a second then hugged crying.

They're happy that nightmare is finally over.