✨Chapter 20✨

Mya woke up feeling better than ever. It's been a week since her and Ray had their talk and they're both doing what needs to be done for them as one and as individuals and for their daughter. May's in a much better place and Ray is happier than he ever been. He's so happy that he got something up his sleeve.

Mya looked next to her and Ray was gone. She looked through the house for both him and Imani. She heard Ray talking downstairs somewhere so she just went to take a shower and do her morning routine.

She turned the shower in and began to undress.

While Mya was undressing she scratched herself with something. She looked and saw a diamond ring on her left ring finger. She looked at the ring with her mouth hanging open.

She turned the water off and put her clothes back on. The door opened making her face the door. There stood Ray holding Imani. "Will you-"

"No.", Mya said quickly cutting him off. He looked at her confused. They just looked at each other both mixed with confusion. "I can't marry you Ray." Mya took the ring of and sat it on the sink. Ray just watched Mya take the ring off and set it down not hearing what she said.

Ray was lost for words. He tried forming a sentence but he couldn't. The one woman who got him to this point don't even wanna get to that point with him. "I-I thought you loved me Mya.", Ray managed to get out.

Mya pushed past Ray and ran to their room. She grabbed her keys and left.

...

Ray sat in the living room confused. Mya left earlier after saying no she didn't wanna marry him. He thought they were on the same page and she just ran out. She wasn't happy either.

While Ray was in thought Mya walked in the living room and sat next to him. Ray didn't even hear her come in. He would've been dead if it was somebody that wanted to hurt him. "Where's-"

"She's down for a nap. You don't wanna be with me? Like I thought we was on the same page Mya. I took you to my momma Mya. I-" Ray stopped talking and looked at Mya. "Why you don't wanna marry me?", Ray asked hurt.

"I don't wanna be put up in a cabin in the middle of no where not knowing if I'm gone see you again or not.", Mya spoke.

"I did that to protect you Mya."

"I don't wanna be in situations where I have to relocate for who knows how long to be protected cause of some street shit Ray. I got a baby now. I-I love you so much but I can't marry into that life Ray." Ray just looked at Mya hurt. He itched the back of his head and sat back taking it in. "I don't think we should be together anymore. I'll pack my bags and leave, I'm taking Imani with me."

"No. If you wanna be done that's cool but you not fenna be staying on somebody couch or in a hotel until you find a place. I'll leave. This is a safe place.", Ray said blankly. Mya looked at her fingers and Ray got up. He left and once he did Mya broke down.

Mya didn't wanna break it off with Ray. She just didn't wanna have to live a life where she could be in so much danger that she has to drop everything and dip off with no family. Plus she has a child now, she don't think that's how a child should be raised.