✨Chapter 17✨

After two days Mya and Imani was released and Ray had the house almost completely furnished. By the end of this week their house should be complete.

Mya softly bounced Imani as she did her homework. Mya picked her school back up right after she got home. It's all online and set to her pace so she's good there. Plus she's a little early.

Imani started crying and Mya lowly exhaled. "Okay momma.", Mya said to Imani as she closed her book. Mya looked at the time and it's 9 at night.

Ray been out busting moves practically all day. Mya's tired but doesn't want to complain cause she feels this is what she asked for.

A family and to take care of them and a man to love her.

Imani wouldn't stop crying and Mya didn't know what to do. She's not wet or hungry. Mya tried bouncing her and wrapping her up in a blanket but nothing worked.

Mya started getting overwhelmed so she laid Imani down in her bed and sat in the bathroom.

Mya didn't think being a parent would be this hard. "Relax. Relax.", Mya spoke to herself as she covered her ears and rocked back and forth.

No matter how many times she tried to tune Imani's cries out she couldn't. She began to become emotional herself and broke down.

Mya's running on about 3 hours of sleep for the day and not even a full meal. She's exhausted.

Mya got herself together then turned on the shower. She stripped herself them went and did the same to Imani before putting them both in.

Once the water hit Imani she calmed down. Mya hummed a tune to Imani as she softly rubbed her.

Mya washed Imani and got out the shower. Mya put her on a robe but dressed Imani. After Imani was dressed she fed her and she was sleep almost instantly.

After Mya got Imani situated she got back in the shower.

She let the hot water hit her body and relaxed and let her mind wonder. As her mind wondered she began to get emotional. Thinking about how her grandma ain't here. Thinking about how her momma was never in her life. Thinking about how she didn't finish college yet. She started doubting herself as a woman and herself as a mother. "Fuck.", she said frustrated after catching herself overthinking.

Mya washed her body three times before getting out the shower.

While she was drying off she glanced at herself in the mirror and for the first time in a very long time Mya felt disgusted with her body. She felt like she had more stretch marks than ever. She felt bigger than ever.

She turned her back to the mirror and got dressed in silence. After she got dressed she rolled a fat ass blunt and sat on the couch on the balcony with her school books.

As she lit her blunt she got a message from Camille.

Camille:Hey mommiona how you and the baby?
Mya:Heyyy boo we good she knocked out right now how you
Camille:I'm good tryna keep up with this damn shop but I was just checking in babes I'm fenna k o love you bitch gn
Mya:Love you too slut gn

Mya locked her phone and tried doing some work while she was smoking. She couldn't get into it so she just sat back and enjoyed her blunt.

When her blunt was almost half way the garage security camera popped up on her phone with a little buz. She looked at her phone and Ray was pulling in. She saw him get out his car with a black book bag and some flowers. Mya smiled softly before locking her phone.

After a couple minutes Ray was walking onto the balcony with the flowers and the book bag on his back. Ray and Mya smiled when they saw each other. "Hey mami.", Ray said leaning down to kiss and hug Mya. "I know I been gone all day I'm sorry. The streets busy right now.", Ray said as he gave Mya the flowers.

"It's fine, I know you our providing for us.", Mya said as Ray put the book bag next to her.

"I am baby. I am. Can you do me a favor?" Mya nodded.

"Put half of this in Imani savings the other half all you." Mya nodded as she took a drag. Ray went inside and Mya opened the bag revealing stacks of 50's and 100's.

Mya's used to the money she just wish Ray would notice that she ain't good. She don't wanna say anything though.

Ray came back out and sat on the table in front of Mya. He picked her feet up, took her house shoes off and started rubbing them. "How was your day?", Ray asked Mya looking up at her smiling. Mya saw how tired Ray was through his smile and didn't wanna bother him with her problems.

"It's was good. Imani was good. I got some work done.", Mya said.

"You eat?" Mya nodded. "You get enough sleep? You look tired."

"Yeah I slept enough. I gotta get ready for bed soon though it is late."

"Yeah it is. You sure you good?", Ray asked. He could tell something was wrong but he don't wanna push.

"Yeah babe.", Mya smiled. Ray dropped it. He never had a kid before so he's not sure if Mya's just going through some changes cause of the baby or if somethings really wrong. He don't wanna push and cause problems between them cause he already dealing with some problems of his own.

He can't stop having the same dream about Trey.He kills Trey then Trey sits up and ask him in their mommas voice why he would kill his brother. He feels like his momma is ashamed that he killed his brother and he hate that cause he always just wanted to make her proud even after she left.

Ray is really nervous about being a daddy too. Especially to a little girl. He know he did a lot of girls wrong, he just hope he got forgiven and karma doesn't come back and hurt his little girl.

Ray rolled up and blunt and they smoked. Afterwards Mya knocked out and Ray showered before knocking out next to Mya.