✨Chapter 29✨

It's the first day of summer and they're grilling today.

A lot has happened over the course of 4 weeks. Camille is out of rehab and currently in therapy she's doing much better, Mya reconnected with Shay, Mya found out she was pregnant, and Ray reconnected with an old friend of his named Quan.

Quan got locked up when he was 19 and got a 10 year sentence, some bad behavior got him two extra years. Quan and Ray were like brothers, they still are they just got disconnected over the years.

Right now they got everyone over for the cookout. Ray's grilling and sipping on some Hennessy and smoking while talking with Quan, Mya, Camille, and Shay are in the kitchen talking and making sides, Imani's playing with her toys in the living room.

While Ray and Quan were sitting in the backyard reminiscing about good times Imani walked to Ray poking her lip out. "What's wrong baby?", Ray asked picking her up. She laid on his chest and played with his shirt.

"Mommy said I can't have no chicken.", Imani pouted.

"The chicken not done yet princess, I didn't cook it yet. You want a hot dog?" Imani's lip started quivering as she batted her eyelashes looking at Ray. "Don't cry daddy don't want you to cry. You want me to cook a piece for you right quick?" Imani nodded sniffing. "I'll be back dawg."

"Gone head I'll be out here shit I'm not going nowhere.", Quan said as Ray stood up. Ray poured Quan and him a shot and they took it before he carried Imani in the kitchen. Mya looked at Ray already knowing what he was doing.

"I know you not.", Mya said looking at Ray and Imani. Imani laid on Ray shoulder.

"I was just about to put her a piece on right quick. It ain't gone be too long.", Ray said as he put two pieces of seasoned chicken on a plate.

"Wrapped around her little finger." Mya watched them leave the kitchen.

"She love her daddy.", Camille said.

"Girl more like run the nigga.", Mya said making them laugh.

"You know that how it is though, she's a daddy's girl.", Shay said. Mya nodded agreeing. They started talking about random stuff as they finished up the sides.

...

Everybody ate and now everybody just chilling. Ray sitting outside with Quan talking with Imani sleep on his chest and the ladies are inside catching up with each other. "She your only one?", Quan asked Ray.

"For now, Mya's pregnant.", Ray said with a smile.

"Congratulations nigga. It's crazy, you the last one I thought would've been a family man. You ever think about being a player again?"

"Nah I'm happy where I'm at man. A million bitches couldn't give me a percentage of what Mya gives me. I'd be a dumb nigga to fuck that up." Quan nodded agreeing.

"I'm happy for you man for real. I got a question though, who that girl in the white shirt with blonde hair?", Quan asked. Ray was confused so he looked through the kitchen door.

"That's Mya cousin Shay.", Ray said. Quan looked through the door at Shay and Shay looked back at him. She smiled and looked away.

"Bet."

"Daddy I'm cold.", Imani said yawning. Ray looked down at her and she was opening her eyes.

"Go in the house with momma.", Ray said trying to put her down.

"No." Imani started crying and holding on to Ray.

"You wanna come in the house?" Ray stood up holding Imani.

"Fasho.", Quan said standing up. Quan followed Ray into the house. They went into the living room and sat on the couch.