✨Chapter 25✨

Mya sat on the couch with Imani on her chest rubbing her back. Mya hasn't slept at all last night. She can't, she's terrified. She's so scared with Ray being gone and who knows when he'll be back.

Camille has been staying with Mya but she stays in the room all day every day. She leaves to use the bathroom and that's it. She hasn't eaten or talked to Mya.

They're both scared, traumatized, confused.

While Mya was in thought the bell rang making her jump. She looked at the door and held Imani close. She looked out the window and saw the car Ray had last night. "Who is it?", Mya asked confused.

"Me. Ray.", she heard Ray say from behind the door. She unlocked the door and saw him holding a coat over his shoulder looking down. He looked up after he heard the door open. "Hey.", Ray said as Mya moved over. He came in and Mya closed and locked the door.

"Hey."

"They dropped the charges."

"Good.", Mya nodded. Ray rubbed the back of his neck and looked down.

"You need anything?", Ray asked looking up at her. Mya shook her head. "You hungry? I can go get you some food."

"I'm fine. I'm not hungry. You want something? I can make you some breakfast."

"I'm ok thank you though. Just y'all here?"

"Camille's in the guest room.", Mya nodded. Ray nodded. They just looked at each other.

"You ok? You good?", Ray asked. Mya's eyes watered as she nodded. "Can I hold you?" Mya broke down as she nodded. Ray held her and Imani.

Camille heard Mya crying and broke down too. She knows what Mya's going through, she's going through it too.

...

Ray held Mya as they laid in bed. Mya cried for a little while now they're laying in silence. "I'm gonna go take a shower.", Mya said sitting up. "Are you leaving?", Mya asked looking at Ray.

"Nah.", Ray shook his head. "If it's coo'. I know we ain't together but ion wanna leave you.", Ray said. Mya nodded.

"Yeah it's coo'. I'll be back." Mya grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. She saw her hair in the mirror and decided to wash it. She hasn't showered or washed her hair since she came home. She just been holding Imani and tryna keep her head together.

While Mya got in the shower Ray went and checked on Imani. On his way back to the room he saw Camille leaving her room with a bag. "Hey my boyfriend about to pick me up. You wanna lock the door?", Camille asked.

"Yeah.", Ray nodded. Ray went downstairs and Camille followed. Camille opened the door then looked at Ray.

"Take care of her."

"I will." Camille left and Ray waited for her to get in the car before closing and locking the door. As Ray went to the room he heard a thud come from the room. He ran to the bathroom and saw Mya sitting in the shower rocking crying hard wiping her face. She started screaming so Ray turned the water off.

"Ray! Ray!", Mya yelled wiping her face.

"I'm right here.", Ray said as he grabbed a towel. He wiped her face off and she held on to his arm tightly as she cried. "I'm here. Open your eyes.", Ray said covering Mya up. She looked at him and calmed down. She pulled her knees to her chest and just cried.

He tried getting her out the tub but he couldn't so he slid behind her and held her.

Seeing Mya like this hurt Ray and made him very upset. He wants to do any and everything to make her feel better.

They sat in the tub until Mya stopped crying then they just sat there in silence. Ray looked at Mya and saw the cut on her wrist. "What the fuck Mya.", Ray said grabbing her arm. When he grabbed the arm he saw needle marks on the inside of her elbow. He could tell those weren't fresh like the cut on her wrist.

"They drugged me, and beat me, and cut a girl head off in front of me, and a couple guys did what they wanted to do.", Mya shrugged. "Ian know what to do. It won't happen again.", Mya said as Ray slowly let her arm go.

"Imma kill them, all of them. Everybody."

"Okay. I'd like that." Ray rested his head on Mya's.

"You wanna wash this out your hair?", Ray asked.

"Can you? I don't wanna go back like I did again.", Mya said.

"I got you. Imma take care of you." Ray kissed Mya's head then got up. He helped Mya up then took the towel. He turned the shower on and waited in Mya to go under it. She just looked at the water. "I got you. Turn around and back up." She turned around and slowly backed up. She grabbed Ray's hand and stopped when she felt the water.

"Ray-"

"I'm right here, I can't wash your hair with one hand though." Mya didn't let him go so he stood in front of her still dressed and she held him as he washed her hair and body. Mya watched him the whole time.

As Mya watched Ray wash conditioner out her hair her heart felt funny. "You love me Ray?", Mya asked. Ray looked down at her and nodded before looking back at her hair.

"I love you more than I can explain Mya. Imma stack some bread then I'm giving all this shit up. The young niggas can have the streets, I want my family.", Ray said and he finished washing the conditioner out of her hair. He turned the water off then got out and got Mya a towel. Mya got out and looked at Ray. His clothes are soaked. "Don't worry about my clothes. Get dressed imma take a shower then make us something to eat."

"Okay."

...

They sat at the island eating fried salmon nuggets, baked macaroni and cheese, and asparagus. "I'm gonna schedule an appointment tomorrow to see my old therapist.", Mya said as they ate.

"I think that's a good idea.", Ray said. "I'll be here as long as you need me to be." Ray kissed Mya's hand and they finished eating and talking.

_______________

Happy New Year loves❤️